girl scouts (npr)

edited September 2011 in Just for Fun
My 5 year old would like to join girl scouts there is a meeting at her school tonight for her to join. She has begged me and her dad to join..so my question has any of your daughters joined? And what is it all about? What do they do? (Besides sell yummy cookies)

Comments

• Is she old enough? I only ask because my son want to join boy scouts at age 5 and had to wait another year to be 6 or in 1st grade.

But back to your? they "use to" do stuff to earn badges. And go camping. It was fun but that was like 15yrs ago
  • @blessedbe_x3 they gave all the girls in her class (kindergarten) a sticker thing that says to come to the meeting at 7-8 tonight so I'm guessing she is old enough?
  • I was never in girl scouts so I didn't know what it was all about..guess we will go to the meeting and find out
  • She's old enough. I was a girl scout from preschool until 8th grade. We used to make crafts, volunteer at different places, march in parades, go on fun trips, go camping & of course sell cookies :)
  • my daughter is 13-she's done daisy troop (kinder) and up. in daisies they dont do a whole lot other than play and "learn" about GS but as they get older its much more than that. we do trips (went to seattle, camping, white water rafting) servive projects. Its a great thing for girls of all ages. I am a coleader for my daughters troop-its the best because it gives the 2 of us real 1 on 1 time. Love GS. I think all girls should at least try it. Hope the mtg went well for you :)
  • Daisys start at 4 they don't sell cookies yet... But they just learn and do crafts... My God Daughter was one and still is at 12years old... She volunteers, and cares for her community... I love Girl Scouts
    I was one too!!