36 week Dr. appt today, possible big baby,have to have ultrasound. Anyone else?

edited September 2011 in Pregnant
Had my 36 week check up today and my doctor thinks he is a little big. I have to go for an ultrasound next week to see exactly how big he is. I'm scared because I really wanted to try for a vbac but now I'm not so sure that will happen. Anyone in the same situation?

Comments

• I did have that happen...had an u/s at 37+5 and he was estimated to be 8lbs 6oz...gave birth at 41+3 and my son was 9lbs 9oz...so he was estimated correctly. But he's my first so idk about trying for vbac with a big baby...good luck :-)
  • Thank you!
  • They thought my baby was big and I had ultrasound at 37.2. Baby is measuring 6lb 9oz, right in the 50th percentile. Havent had him yet, so dont know how accurate it is. They cant always tell by measuring/feeling your belly. Dont be worried, just wait and see! :)
  • I had an ultrasound at 36 weeks and they estimate baby to be 6lb 9oz. They're not worried, but I sure am :/. My son only weighed 6lb 10oz at birth and he was a week overdue.
  • @mom924 I'm kinna in the same situation. When I went for my 32w the doc said Damien is big and she wants me to get a ultrasound and to talk about a possible c-section. This is my first and only child so I'm a little bummed about the possibility of having to get c-section. Hope all goes well for you
  • Mine weighed in at 7lbs 13oz at 36wks 5days!
  • I will be 38 weeks on Fri. and I'm going on Thurs. to get the ultrasound to see if hes too big. They told me last week that I had that "risk factor" and needed to see if I need a c section or not. I def. do not want a c section so I will fight them as much as possible to have v-birth but I guess we will see. My stomach is pretty big though and has been for a while now so I am a little nervous this.
  • Thank you all so much your feedback! I'm trying not to get stressed out but I have mixed feelings. I had to have an emergency c- section with my daughter and I really wanted to try a vaginal birth. My Dr. hasn't said anything about having a c- section for sure but I have gestational diabetes and im overweight so I don't have a lot on my side right now! We will see what happens Tuesday!!! :) Hope you are all well!
  • Don't get nervous ultrasounds can be off. I had GD too and was told my baby was about 9 pounds according to the ultrasound. I had her Saturday and she was only 7lbs 15oz!
  • Good luck:) I'm having what seems to b the making of big baby as well at 31 weeks 5lbs oz. If the doc. Hasn't said anything yet about another c-section then maybe he will be able to be vbac
  • At 34.5wks they said she was 5.5lbs. She was born at 36.5wks and weighed 8lbs. I think they were a little off for my daughter. Although, looking at her, you would never think she was as big as she is. She is very tiny. Even newborn clothes are tooo big for her.
  • @ 39 weeks they estimated 10.6.... had him csection next day...he was 9.4 22 in!
  • They estimated 9.5 st my 40 week check up, induced me, he never dropped, maxed out my pitocin and had a c-section at 40+4. He weighed 9.11 21 inches.
  • I had a growth scan last week at 35 weeks 4 days and they estimated my son to be 8 lbs 1 oz. I was already in the hospital because of pre-e, low platelets and very low urine output. The next day just got worse so they did my c-section then (2 prior c-sections) at 35 weeks 5 days and he weighed 7 lbs 7 oz. He has been in the NICU on a ventilator ever since with problems breathing. He was just extubated tonight so we are looking forward to going back to see him (after spending some family time with our 2 older kids) and hold him for the FIRST time. Growth scans can be off, mine was about a half a pound off but he was still big and that is the point. Good luck, I hope you get your VBAC and a healthy baby!