vicodin at 33w??

edited September 2011 in Health
Umm I'm sure the doctor knows what he's doing but I'm just wondering how safe vicodin is while 8 months prego?

Comments

• My friend broke her ankle at 7 and a half months and that's What they gave her for pain, I think they were more worried about baby having withdraws from it If she took it up until she gave Birth, she didn't use it all the time, baby came out perfect!
  • *withdrawals.
  • I'm pretty sure its safe if he gave it to you! :) I think its just certain trimesters you cant take it in, but you should be fine! As long as he knows your pregnant, right?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thats what they gave me when I was preggo with my 1st & he broke my rib. L&d gave em to me.
  • @3rdtimepreg ok I'm only gonna take it if its absolutely needed like last night I normally try to go without pain killers as long as possible either way...
    @usafwife_21 ok he did say since I'm so far along it won't do anything to her I'm just being a bit paranoid I guess...
    @ashleyfew definitely not lol
    @Pinkigirl Ohh ok so then I should be fine yay :D

Thank you ladies!! I was very hesitant on taking any but its very needed and now I don't feel so guilty doing so :)
  • I had percocets from 34 weeks til I gave birth for kidney issues. My son is perfectly fine :)
  • @Kingsmama I don't know what that is Lmbo but I'm sure its something along these lines Hehe I feel so much better I don't know what I would do without you ladies!!
  • Percocet is actually stronger than vicodin but its in the same family of drug. I took it as I needed it too. Glad we could ease ur fears hun that's what we r here for :)
  • Im 34+3 an my doc jus perscribed me vicodin too for my kidney stones pain. Its totally safe as my pharmacist says, im.also a pharmacy tech an looked it up n my old school books an its no harm to baby :) I was nervous in the hospital tho I was on a morphine iv for two day, but they said its fine for baby to because the doses are minimol
  • Your gonna be a momma! Being paranoid is totally normal! :) I just hope you start feeling better :)
  • @Kingsmama oooooh! And well thanks again :)
    @Jericka08 ok thank you so much for posting! Makes me feel soo much better :)
    @usafwife_21 haha very true! Well thank you :)
  • Ive been prescribed percocet since 22 weeks for kidney/bladder disease pain...as long as ur not abusing it baby should be ok =)