38 week appt, very disappointed!

edited September 2011 in Third Trimester
I knew my doc was gonna check to see if I was dilated @ all at this appt so I was excited cuz I figured there had to be SOMETHIN goin on down there. (I've always had a lot of Braxton Hicks, especially the last few weeks. Last night I was havin contractions 9 mins apart all night and they continued thru my doc appt. I walk alot, especially at work since I'm a hostess and I'm standin & walkin all day.) So when she checked me I'm only a freakin finger-tip dilated & that my cervix was "still pretty thick but it's changing." Ugh I wanted to scream. All this pain & discomfort hasn't done anything! Grrr... lol ok jus wanted to vent. Any October moms goin thru the same thing?

Comments

• Yes I'm 35+1 an nuthn !! Still long an thick an closed
  • Im 39+1 and was 0cm last week and was a 1 today. She stripped my membranes and said I am about a 2 now and I was 50% effaced both appointments. I have been using EPO on and off for 2 weeks now though so that maybe why. 1x 1300mg caplet vaginally every other night and 2 orally every night. I tried 2x vaginally 2 nights ago but none last night cause I was contracting and didnt want to go into L & D with an oilly vajayjay.... But my doc said ahe doesnt see me lasting till my due date (4th) but we will see...
  • I just went for my last Dr app I'm having a scheduled csection Monday. I am also 38 weeks and 2 days and I've been doing a lot of cleaning and having a lot of contractions and back pain I could of sworn there was something going on but nope my cervix is still think! !
  • :( dont worry i got checked at 37 weeks and was high, thick, and closed. well i had her at 37+6 and when i went to the hospital for contractions i was already a 3, so i went from that to 3 in a few days
  • I had a doc appointment yesterday and he checked me. He told me that my cervix was thin. He then decided to monitor me since I told him I was having lots of contractions. Sure enough they were there and regular. So then he told me to come in today to check me again to see if there was any change. I am having a c- section so he said if there was I would be having my baby today. Well..... I went in today and he said there was little change in my cervix but the baby is in my pelvis and he can feel the pressure I was telling him about. Needless to say I have another appointment Friday...... ugh.
  • Im 38.3 and I'm closed but soft. Being irritated and ready to meet my son
  • 36+4 and nothing :( . I've been having contractions so I was hoping to be at least a finger tip. :(
  • I go for my 38 week appt tomorrow, but at my appt last week I was still thick and not dialated either :/
  • last week i wasnt dilated at all...tomorrow i have another check up...Saturday is my DD! FML
  • Dang us october mommies have the worst luck! (well most of us anyways) i'm high and closed as of last week, but hopefully tomorrow i'll have some change...
  • Last Thursday I was a fingertip and 70% effaced so I have an appointment Friday n we will see if anything has changed. I hope so but I don't wanna get my hopes up lol. Ill be 38 weeks friday
  • No clue where I am, and I'm 39 weeks tomorrow. My doctor doesn't check. The less interference, the better. Plus, it doesn't really matter how far I may or may not be because that doesn't determine when I'll go into labor anyway. That's truly considered nice-to-know information, and that's all.
  • @Heibes
    I'm 39+2 and my doc doesn't check either but I get really curious seeing everyone else and that I'm a ftm I don't think I've had any contractions... My uterus gets hard a lot but lasts a long time and is just uncomfortable I wish I knew if my body is preparing already :(
  • Cheer up! W/ my 1st 3 babies, I was only at 1cm for the last 4 wks of each preg. Then, when my body decided it was time, I would go from 1to 6 like lightening! Last baby, they told me it would be atleast another hr. To hr. & a 1/2 before I could push. She walked out of the room AFTER JUST CHECKING ME and I told my hubby to grab her cause I had to push NOW! Not kidding, 5 mins later after 1 push my son was in my arms. They were all shocked!

When your body is ready, it's just ready! GL!
  • @MerandaGarcia I can understand that. :) Some part of me would like to know. At the same time, I'm ok with not knowing.

I get contractions all the time. I was being monitored overnight last Friday (was in a car accident), and I was having contractions every 8 minutes. Yesterday, I had painful contractions in my lower back/abdomen every 7 minutes for an hour and a half, but they stopped. I have a feeling my time is coming soon. :)
  • 39wks today and at dr. appt. was not dilated, no bh, no pain or nothing but because of blood pressure will be getting induce Sunday!
  • as of today, 3cm! Im 38 wks 3 days. Dr said any day now. Offered to do a membrane sweep but I said no