constipated babies

edited September 2011 in Parenting
whay can i do for her she strains sooo hard tht im even crying she will b 2 mnts on the 3d.....i have to hold legs ups massage tummy...n even press on booty n massage hole tu help her.....she gets so tired afterwarrds now she is sound asleep.... i dnt want tu put her dwn =((

Comments

• 1-2 ounces of gerber pear juice. Works like a miracle. If at first she's still straining get a qtip w/ olive oil to help it come out. You don't have to put it in real far. I had this problem w/ both of my kids.
  • okay im going tu try it
  • It might rake a few days to get through her system and soften her poop. I give it to my son every morning. Its so sad watching them strain and push in pain.
  • yessssss it is!
  • I had the same problem with my son and now my daughter. I hate it :/
  • Take a rectal temperature ....it will help....I know not fun but does work
  • My sons pediatrician told me a spoonfull of karo syrup in 4oz of water....it worked for my lil guy
  • I did give my daughter karo at first. The doctor told me to stop because it can cause botulism.
  • @beautifil_Alter i got the gerber apple prune instead of the pear...n im goin to mix one ounce with warm water.... now im kinda skeptical about giving her juice...cud it harm her
  • I would try mixing it with her formula before using water. And only do it once a day.. if that doesn't help call the pediatrician .. u may have to change type of formula.
  • No its only 1 ounce and only fruit juice. You just have to watch with apple juice. Its very acidic and could burn her butt. Maybe try 1/2 juice 1/2 water see if it works.
  • ok thnks