Anyone who has given birth.. (probably a dumb question)

edited September 2011 in Pregnant
Do you instantly feel relieved that you're not pregnant anymore? Like does everything just go back to pre pregnancy normal? No more aches and pains (other then from giving birth) and how long until your hormone levels go back to normal? No more having trouble bending over, sitting up, or lying on your back.. right? Haha I don't know if these are stupid questions but I'm curious if having my baby will be a huge relief from all of the pregnancy awkwardness :)

Comments

• Nope I felt just as shitty but even more in my vag for about 2 weeks after. I was mainly waiting to sleep on my belly bit it took some time before I could again. Oh u can breathe, eat and pee better right after but that's about all lol.
  • Yep It Was Like After They Took Out Baby & Afterbirth The World Was Lifted Off My Shoulders Lol ::)
  • @kingsmama my poor vag :( lol I do want to breath again though!
    @mommyy2be haha that's what I'm hoping for! :D
  • I felt so much better afterwards. My back still hurts when I bend over and for some reason(TMI WARNING!!) I had diarrhea for a wk afterwards >.< Aside from that the worst part for me was the back ache and the bleeding....which seems to go on for ever and ever and ever...
  • @rckprincess2 man I'm dreading all of the stuff that's going to happen down there :( I love not having a period, I don't want blood in my panties! How long did you bleed for?
  • Your abs will hurt if u do too much, and cramping sucks
  • @jbandno3 do you cramp a lot? I'm going to try and stay in bed as much as possible :\
  • You will cramp because your uterus has to clamp down to stop bleeding, no matter how little I do. If u breastfeed cramping will be worse because of hormones causing your uterus to clamp down more. U can take pain meds and they help a lot
  • I am breastfeeding so the cramps happened everytime I breastfed for about the first week or so. Every other discomfort pretty much disappears other than ur sore va j j.
  • @jbandno3 can you take narcotic pain meds if you brestfeed? Do you cramp until you stop bleeding?
  • @mom2be how long is your vag sore? :( I'm so scared I'm going to tear!
  • @pawgio I just stopped about 2 days ago at 3wks 3d pp.
  • @rckprincess2 I'm not looking forward to that.. sounds like forever!
  • I didnt tear but it was sore for about a week. I used the little water bottle for after I went potty..it really helped. Also just being gentle when cleaning is a must.
  • I cried all the time after giving birth because my hormones were so out of whack..I would watch a commercial or something and cry because it was "so sweet" or when my bf would go to work I would cry because I missed him lol damn hormones were worse after baby then during pregnancy n I felt kind of empty without her in my belly I would rub it with out realizing it then remember she wasn't in there anymore lol
  • @mom2be a week doesn't sound too bad.. does washing in the shower hurt?
  • I bled 5 weeks pp
  • @mom2mckenna how long are you super hormonal? I hate the hormones!! They've been the worst part of all of this, I've never been one to cry and get upset about things and now I just feel like a baby lol.
  • ugh I just went to the bathroom and it looks like I have to put on a panty liner...I haven't bleed in 2 days... Body making a liar out of me -_-
  • Only like a week or two..everyone is different like I wasn't in a whole lot of pain down there after a few days..remember to use stool softeners they help a lot and take home the squirt bottle they give you that helps lots and I asked for more pads before I left so I could take them home
  • @rckprincess2 boo :( at least it's not heavy anymore, right? Have you tried to have sex yet? I don't know if I can go that long.. lol
  • @mom2mckenna did you get pads that you freeze or whatever? I've seen people talk about them and I'm curious.. they sound really nice haha and do they give you stool softeners or do you. Have to go buy them?
  • My vag felt fine after 4 times, my hormones nevet felt outta wack so not sure about that. I bled for 5 days really really bad im now almost 5w pp and still barely nothing on my panty liner. I didnt feel cramps when I breastfed and I still dont, wonder if thats bad? After I had him my back an body all felt fine.
  • My hospital didn't give stool softners.

I remember the first time going to poop, I was so scared. Haha
  • @mrswright you sound lucky! I hope I feel fine after :P
    @misty2011 I wasn't until I read what some of the ladies on here have said! Now I think I have a phobia of pooping after birth :( lol is stool softener expensive?
  • It's pretty cheap.

And I was terrified so I was texting my cousin and she told me it really wasn't that bad. Just don't strain or anything.
  • No just normal heavy duty pads I also bought tucks and I had to buy my own stool softeners they gave me some while I was there but none to take home
  • @misty2011 I have a feeling I'm going to put it off forever and it'll be worse then it needs to be :( it's ridiculous how scared I am to poop lol
  • @mom2mckenna what are tucks? I feel so clueless lol..