How am I supposed to wait 8 more months?

edited February 2011 in First time moms
This is my first and I'm 5 weeks along, I'm already losing sleep at night because I get started thinking and nursery colors and if I can make it to the second trimester, etc. 8 months seems like such a long time! My first appoinment is a month away and it seems like its never going to come, am I the only one feeling this way?

Comments

• The first trimester was the hardest its the most inactive part of pregnancy for us no really big milestones hang in there the second is way more fun
  • I totally agree with rissalee7. I've calmed down since entering the 2nd trimester.
  • im most worried about loosing my baby from stress or poor health..and it sucks because im so excited but it's always in the back of my mind
  • I'm having my first baby too and still in the first trimester and I feel the same way. I always lay there and think how I can't way to see my baby and what it will look like and stuff
  • I'm 6wks and 3dys its very long away but I see it as next week tuesday I'll be 7wks almost through with month two so hopefully it go by fast :)
  • Pregnancy will go by fast after the first trimester......unless you let it make you feel miserable.....I am excited too and It is normal to have these thoughts in the first trimester....This is my third ....I am currently in my tenth week of pregnancy....My first 2 babies are boys and this is going to be a new experience for them and me....my youngest is going to be 9.5 when the baby is born.... you have to think positive....Just know that if something does happen to the pregnancy that there was most likely a reason behind it....It is never the moms fault it has to do with the development.... so please dont worry just pray alot.....put this in Gods hands and he will lead you through... worrying will get you no where right now but make things worse....so try and think positive and eat right drink plenty of water and sleep on your left side....take your prenatal vits......and pray....Good luck Ladies
  • Thank you and congratulations to you all! Its good to know that after the first trimester everything goes a little faster, I know I have to be patient and as soon as delivery day comes it'll seem like it was very short. I'm still super excited, its the only thing I can talk about, I think my husband is already doing nuts lol poor guy...
  • I know how u r feeling, I've been feeling impatient since I found out 5 weeks ago. I just can't wait to feel the baby move.
  • I'm excited about anything and everything, from the first exam to seeing the heartbeat to finding out the gender, its almost to much for me lol but i've wanted this my whole life. So you're 10 ish weeks?
  • Yeah im at 10 wks. Had an ulrasound at 8 weeks. Wow was it amazing to see my little on already moving its arm buds and hear the heartbeat. Im still excited for everything else also and have always wanted kids. Im happy for you, and I hear time will eventually stop crawling and speed up :)
  • You could hear the heartbeat at 8 weeks? Did you ask for a sonogram or do they usually do it the first exam? And thank you :) i'm happy for you as well!
  • sonograms get done at every office different times......depends on how many insurance covers....and if you have any problems.....I have had 3 done and I am in my tenth week of pregnancy..... one to get due date, One for er visit (had bleeding) and one at a local trainning clinic.....I have one this month on the 17th and cant wait to see the baby and how much it has changed over this short period of time....
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • It goes so slow but when u look back it goes so fast...I am most anxious to find out sex
  • I feel the same way I thought I was the only one losing sleep at 5 weeks.
    N yes 8 mths does seem so far away I wish it would just hurry up n come already.lol
  • So you're due in october? When is your first prenatal visit?
  • The first trimester I didnt even feel prego now im 29wks 2days & wonder where the 2nd tri went cause it flew by time does eventually stop crawling
  • I don't feel pregant either, I cannot wait ti be as far along as you are! Congrats! I'll be happy once I get out if the first trimester, i'm so scared i'm going to lose it :/
  • I am due oct. 14th and my first appointment is March 7th. I am super excited. I am also driving my husband insane:)
  • Yay!! Let me know how your appoitment goes, mine is on march 11. My husband took to sanding our dresser and he's going to stain it lol, idk what he's gonna do next to get a break from me
  • I'm also pregnant with my first and due October 13th. I'm from Ireland and my first ultrasound won't be until 12-14 weeks, which I feel is a lifetime away. My pregnancy was unplanned, my partner and I practice safe sex, so this is quite an adjustment. I would love to have an earlier ultrasound so this can become a bit more real for me. I completely understand your restlessness and hope things move quicker for you soon :)
  • I couldn't sleep and I was sick for a whole week. I'm starting to feel better, but I still puke sometimes and I'm often tired. I'm 12 weeks now and it seems like 5 weeks was a year ago! I'm nearly out of the first trimester :) Don't stress too much and try to eat healthy and take your vitamins, blah blah blah. Enjoy while you feel good!
  • Time flies ladies, before you know it, the baby's in your arms.... ;-)
  • Im 9weeks nd 6 days, I agree with everybody about losing sleep cse I want to know wat I am having so bad or I get impatient cse I want to go shopping for my baby.its hard but I think wenever I find out wat I am having it will speed up faster nd it wont feel like its goin by so slow
  • I am 10 weeks and looking back it has gone really quick I am no longer being sick and the sleepless nights am also ova before yo know it the weeks will fly by just like mine