im about to lose my mind help!

edited October 2011 in Babies
I'm running on 3 hrs of sleep and ayva has been up for 8 hrs straight! She is wide awake and I'm about to pass out. What do I do?!?!

Comments

• Ok I got my tricks
    Put her on carseat or swing and let her rock

Give her a shower

Put her down a fan on something that spins fast

Did you try does?
  • She doesn't like her swing :( I tried that and she just screamed the whole time.
    Ill try hercarseat
    Its really late and I don't wanna take a bath with her otherwise I. Would
    I wish I had ceiling fans :(
  • Put her in a pack n okay to entertain herself. U sleep on the couch or at least in the same room do u can hear her. Put on cartoons so she has colorful things to look at.
  • I box fan would work better.. the whirring sound that they make is soothing.. I read before how she hates baths, but they have the lavender lotion, too, do you have some of that?
  • I don't have a pack n play :( I had her watching tv and in her bouncy seat but she lost interest and started crying again @Kingsmama

Ya she's lathered up in it :( @lucyloo288

Ugh I just want sleep
  • Did you swaddle her?
  • She doesn't like swaddling. Hasn't been swaddled since she was 3 days old. She's 6wks now
  • I usually put my daughters ( when they was newborn) on the carseat and put a blanket on the top so it cover the light and rock them to sleep
  • I think ur bf I recall correctly. Lay in bed with her swaddled and nurse her with the lights off or just a night light on and white noise like a fan or something. Her laying down bundled up and sucking on u might lul her to sleep. And u can pass out while she's nursing just don't roll over on her or cover her face with pillows and blankets lol. If she has a crib u can just lay her in that for awhile to entertain herself so u can at least get an hour or so in.
  • She's in her carseat right now and not loving it at all. I'm to the point of thinking about just letting her cry herself to sleep. I'm that frustrated and tired
  • @Kingsmama ya I'm bf and that's what I did when I was ready for bed but she wasn't having it. She's just being so stubborn its ridiculous!
  • She has to fall asleep soon. Make the room boring and sing her to sleep
  • edited October 2011
    Try the bathroom vent, kitchen vent, or turn on the vacuum. My daughter always knocks out. Just put her in the bouncy seat so that when she does fall asleep you can gently move her to the bedroom. Also, my little one was super fussy so I thought let me try swaddling her and she also knocked out. I had stopped swaddling her a couple of weeks ago because she always wanted her arms out but I guess I'm going to start again.
  • @lily_glz had an interesting approach to this! She put a post up yesterday saying that her baby wouldn't sleep and her mom suggested putting a pair of open scissors under her pillow or mattress pad right under baby head and it worked! Its an old wives tale, but maybe u should try it and see, it couldn't hurt any but go find da post to read exactly what to do! :*) good luck hun!
  • I read to put babies to sleep u can put them in their car seat and sit them on top of the dryer while its turned on. Watch her of course. Or try a car ride if u have a car.
  • Download the free app Relax and Sleep. Maybe some of the sounds will help. It's very good.
  • @blueberrysmom I use that too! I do a combo of the dishwasher and refrigerator fan and he passes right out :)
  • It might sound weird but try turning the vaccum on...my son had colic and thats the only thing that would help him sleep...
  • @mommy_2 lol thanks!..I didn't wanna say anything about the scissors bc you might think I'm crazy lol but 2 nights in a row they've worked! She wakes up her usual feeding times but goes right back to sleep with no trouble! And I put her down around8 in her bassinet still awake and she's asleep within minutes. I also swaddle, do gripe water, and bedtime wash as part of our nightly routine.the combination has worked for me. Sounds silly but it doesnt hurt to try! Good luck!
  • I heard the sound of a hair dryer works but I wouldn't know for sure.
  • My son passes out to the vaccum when I'm cleaning !!
  • Grr! Ok so I finally got her to sleep at one in the morning. Its now 720. In that time period she woke up 3 times and she's now up again and wide awake! So needless to say I got 3 hrs of sleep again...
  • I'm in the same boat @jazzi89 my little girl for the past few days has not wanted to be put down while she sleeps an I've had to do things during the day so am surviving on no sleep, came to my mums today as I'm having a really crappy day an just broke down to her! So she's taken the baby and guess what, I can't flipping sleep so now I'm getting worked up into an even worse state :-( sorry to vent on ur post!
  • I seriously cant do this anymore! I slelt for an hr and ayva is awake.again. Im exhausted, my head is killing me n I just wanna go to bed!
  • heres the thing with swaddling.. it really works.. you have to swaddle them snug.. even if they fuss a lil .. and then cuddle for a while.. it really works i think you should give it a try again.. plus if she falls asleep her jerky arms wont wake her up.. good luck
  • I did try :_( she wouldnt sleep, I finally undid her and bounced her for a min n she fell asleep but is awake again after a little.over n hr. I feel like im never going to b able to sleep
  • Does she settle if she lays on ur stomach?
  • Just a suggestion w hen my girls did this I tried putting them on their stomach for a little while and they fell asleep. Yes I know what everyone says is that u put bby to sleep on back but they slept the best that way. Up until that point I had been getting at most 30of min @ a time
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Im very tempted because she does slee p good on her tummy...
    No I have no one but my bf n hes going to b sleeping til 3