Road trip is nearing!! 10 days!! :D but...

edited October 2011 in Pregnant
Ill be 36.5 weeks along. I cant not go. Like I really cant. Hubby is going home for 2 weeks to be with his family before he deploys mid-nov. Id rather risk having the baby away from my hospital, then him go and me be here ALL alone. Timing sucks but we'll be ok.. I hope!! My mom is flying in the 18th and her and I are leaving the 19th to make the 20 hr trip. We'll stop of course. But usually hubby and I don't stop. He'll drive straight through. That's why we are driving seperate.

I'm bringing my hospital bag. But what extra things should I bring just in case baby wants to come on the side of the road??

Yes I've been cleared to go by my doctor. She just said id have to pay for medical bills since tricare only covers at my hospital. Well psh we'll see about that!

Comments

• We just moved from nj to fl last Friday...we drove lol I was 35w then so I can tell you it SUCKS. Even with stopping a lot it sucks. Drink plenty even if it means more potty breaks..I had lots of cramping and contractions- nothing over the top but enough to keep an eye out for hospital signs..
    Id suggest most importantly bringing a copy of your records, they can and will give you the most important stuff.
    Sadly your dr is probably right..I'm currently up the creek because of that similar situation. For baby have everything you would normally..car seat, outfits, bottle...you can get a pack of diapers and wipes from hospital. And your ids :)
  • @mrs_shu I'm expecting it to be very uncomfortable... it is not pregnant. I usually sleep all but 3 hrs of the trip when we go home on block leave. My husband insists on driving only.
    But I cant sleep the whole way with my mom. She gets tired easily and wull want me to keep her awake by talking.

I don't plan to take a carseat b.c. we will have VERY limited space. I'm moving home since he is deploying and I will only have 1 load for my suv and 2 loads of his car to take everything we want. If I do have the baby while on vaca I'll just go buy one.
  • Take extra water, bankets, towels, a nose sucker if baby decides to come on the side of the road just wrap baby up make sure to keep him/her warm and get to hospital asap. I live 45in mins away from hospital and my biggest fear is I wont make it! Good luck
  • @mommy2now3

Ok thanks! I saw on 'I didn't know I was pregnant' best thing to do was NOT to cut the umbilical cord. I'm going to be a crazy women and print out EVERY hospital on the way home. Just in case. I don't trust my phones gps to find every near hospital. Though the app has nvr failed me.
  • Yes I was told the same thing just thing it like it is and don't do anything but haul ass to the hospital. I would be doing the same thing. I am 37so weeks and I have a 45hard min drive all my stuff is in my truck lol that way we can just go!
  • I just did an 8 hour trip by myself at 35 weeks. I will advising for u to shop and walk as much as possible and drink lord of water!! Of course since I was traveling alone I ignored my Dr instructions bc i just wanted to get home! All I can say is I paid dearly for it...swelled up like a big ballon and had very intense contractions that finally slowed down after two days of bedrest! So don't take that lightly! I completely understand doing what u have to do! Just take Ur time...good luck