idk if this is colic or not but i need help! before i lose my sanity!

edited October 2011 in Babies
Is determined to stay up all day again! I would like a shower! She's been up since noon and its almost 6. Omg I'm losing my mind!

Comments

• I'm afraid shesgonna scream the entire time :( and I let her put herself to sleep at night too in her own room. Ltely she's just been refusing to sleep. Do u think shell b fine when I shower? She screams bloody murder...she's fed and changed and everything she's just wide awake and I think she's fighting sleep :(
  • I dont pick her up right awy I usually let her cry for a good 15 20mins or so. But she screams to the point of choking. Idk what to do with her. I thinks she's becoming colicky cuz she nver used to do this until a few days ago. I'm running on 6 hrs of sleep in 2 days.
  • If my daughters awake when I put her down to go shower, she's usually screaming by the time I get out lol. I'm going through the same thing. If she's not sleeping she needs constant entertainment. She's 9 wks now and its been like this for 3wks. I think its just a baby thing. I've tried gas drops, colic calm, and zantac, none of it worked so I know she doesn't have real colic or reflux. I think she's just bored lol. Things that work to keep her calm are laps around the living room, running the vacuum and walks in the stroller. And the usual bouncing, singing, talking and playing lol.
  • I put mine in her bouncy chair and put her in the bathroom with me she is soothed by the sound of the shower by the time im done she's sound asleep
  • @tiff87124 I hope it gets better. She's breastfed but does get formula every once in awhile. She is on similac advance. I also use gripe water when she's gassy and always make sure to burp her. :(
    @amyduh she's burped, cleaned, not hungry, I tried walking around the house, swinging her carseat, fans, hairdryer, shower running, laying her on my chest, bouncing her. Nothing is working! I'm balling my eyes out and even called my bf and brokedown to him while he was tryingto work.
    @starrxoxo9 she's 6 weeks old. And I've tried entertaining her. She doesn't show interest in anything. :( I'm so frustrated.
    @QueenBeeDarling I had her in there when I showered and she screamed bloody murder the whole time. I even had the hot air fan going so it was nice and warm in there
  • I finally got her to doze off in her crib. I'm afraid it won't last long. Idk what I'm going to do if she wakes up again. I'm at my wits end...
  • We went thru that for 3weeks...found out he has silent reflux....have u talked to ur pediatrician?
  • She has a dr appt on the 26th. She said she wasnt worried about reflux cuz she wasnt fussy. But she has been for the past three days now @augustbaby
  • Hun I would call the dr...u don't need to wait until the 26th!!
  • Ya if it continues we are going to the dr on Monday or tuesday
  • Aw I'm sorry :( have you tried a ride in the stroller or the car??
  • I'm going thru the exact same thing :( it sucks and I'm bot sure if its reflux or colic. I need to call his Dr also cuz its getting unbearable :(
  • Do not let others try to tell you that you just need to out her on a schedule or that if you do what they do that your baby will sleep just like theirs does. This is ridiculous! Babies are all different and your daughters constant crying doesn't have anything to do with what you are doing. I let people convince me that I wasn't doing things right "like they were" with my first and it made me completely depressed! My first daughter was just a really hard baby to care for, very demanding. No amount of letting her cry it out ever changed that. That being said there's nothing wrong with allowing time for yourself to shower and such. I cared for my second daughter the exact same way I did my first and she was a million times easier to take care of. Moms think that they have a good baby because they just know how to be a good Mom, but this isn't true! All babies are different with different levels of neediness.
  • ^@brittbeck is right...every baby is differnt mayb shes colicky maybe its something else...but if you have to take a quick shower or eat put her in a bassinet or carsear while you do what you need. Keep her in the same room, shower with the her in the bathroom. Get one of those carrier thingys that you strap to your self if you can. You'll have your hands free to do what you needs (except shower lol).
  • Just try to take little breaks, such as showering, eating, even just taking a breather from the crying. And if course talk to your Doctor to be sure it isn't reflux or an allergy. I know its hard, I feel for ya. I'm just praying my third baby (a little boy) w
  • Oops!.....will be easier than my first was.