Post c-section, ITCHY!! HELP!!!!!!

edited October 2011 in Health
Does anyone know of an anti-itch cream or spray that is safe to put on a c-section incision? My OB is closed for the weekend and I worry about being obnoxious and calling the on call OB for something as simple as.this. Bit I'm ITCHY and have a REALLY hard time not itching... But im trying my hardest. Any ideas??

Comments

• Try taking benedryl(sp?)
  • im due to have my staples taken out today...havent experienced the itching part yet
  • I would try benadryl (oral), hydrocortizone cream (or ointment), or aquaphor. Aquaphor is prob the safest and if you buy a tub of it it works great for diaper rash too. I would still let your doc know about the itching...I don't remember my incision itching.
  • Oh maybe I didn't itch because I didn't have staples? :/ I had internal sutures and dermabond, so never had anything removed.
  • I was Soooo itchy @ 2 wks pp while the surgical tape was still on and it drove me nuts!! Turns out the tape had "burned" my skin! It was all blistered up and everything! Then it dried up and my skin peeled hard core! It was awful, maybe try benedryl..I know my doc told me not to put anything on it and just air it out as much as possible! Good luck!
  • @ethansmommy122 I had 3rd degree burns from my tape. When it came off I had huge blisters. They gave me burn cream but once the blisters drained they told me not to put anything on it. Now I'm in the peeling stage and it itches. I'm not Happy you had it but glad to know I'm not alone! Hope everything turned out ok for you!