how much should a 4 week be eating?

edited October 2011 in Babies
I just started giving her 5 oz last night. She wasn't sleeping as long, waking up hungry, and still rooting even after she finished a bottle. I guess if she didn't want it, she wouldn't take it..?hi

Also, what are the symptoms of reflux? I know the projectile vomiting can be one.. but she only does it occasionally..

Comments

• My 5 week old only drinks 3oz
  • My son will be 5 weeks on tues and he eats about 4-5oz now. But he's also a big boy! Just over 11lbs. He was 9lbs 9oz when he was born.
  • Wow! Lol yalls babies eat a lot! My daughter is 7 weeks old today and just yesterday I went from 3oz to 4oz lol
  • Mine is about 4 weeks and she eats 2-3 oz
  • If it makes a difference, she's formula fed and she was 1 month early. She also sleeps for four or five hours at a time.
  • @MOMOF22BE HOW LONG DOES SHE SLEEP?
  • Mine will be 5 weeks friday and has been drinkn 4~5 since week 2
  • signs of reflux doesn't have to b just throwing up.. my bby has silent reflux.. n tries to throw it up but can't..she swallows it && you could hear n c it in her face..sometimes coughs (chok es on it) pretty scary!
  • My sons almost 11 weeks n only eats 3 oz. He's super long but not chunky or any thing.
  • She sleeps between 2-3 hours at a time pretty much just between feeding
  • And mine has reflux and has no puke! Just spit up sometimes but she sleeps so much longer in her swing try that
  • Mine is eating 3 ,4,5 oz
  • My baby ate 4 oz at four weeks he is almost 7 weeks now drinking almost 5 oz
  • My son is five weeks and he is eating 6 oz every three hours but he is a big boy also 13 lbs 6 oz 23 long
  • edited October 2011
    My lil girl is 5 wks eats 5-6 oz every 4-5 hrs. Your baby will only eat what he/she wants :)
  • @amab13 not yet he eats 9 midnight then at four or five in the am
  • Yea my baby has reflux too. Sometimes has silent reflux but most of the time just spits it up.. if you use formula try similac spitup. My son gets hungry after he spits it up abd he also sounds as if he is conjested after he eats. My dr said to sit him up to eat anf after he eats keep him up right.