Stripped Membranes?

So my doc just stripped my membranes...anybody gets theirs stripped? And how long did it take to go into labor? He said I'm about 2cm and 50% effaced.

Comments

• If its going to work, it will happen within 48 hrs. I had mine stripped twice with this pregnancy and all I got was some cramping and spotting. I was at 2cm and 90%. Still pregnant! Better luck to you!
  • Did it hurt? I was thinking about getting it too. Sorry I'm no help though..
  • @new_baby_in_oct :( thanks, hopefully it works

@MommyLovesSparkle it didn't so much hurt, just ALOT of pressure. My doc is like "do you want me to strip you?" And my eyes lit up and i'm like "YES!" Lol
  • Oh Okay Lol Omg how funny :) lol
  • My doc did mine and I was in lador less then 72 hours she told me if its going to work it will work in 72 hours
  • @mama2be11_4_11 really? Will try to do all 3 today! :)

@Proudmommy8789 ooh hope I have as much luck as u!
  • Gl and labor dust. :)
  • I went into labor 3 days later! Goodluck to you!
  • Stripped Friday and had my daughter the next day on Sat. Friday night when I started to get contractions I started walking and stairs....
  • Had mine done Thursday and today and am now getting some cramping. Fingers crossed hunny x x
  • @Samantha Thank you! :)

@cheryl74 how many weeks r u? I was surprised he offered, I'm 38w 1d...but im crossing my fingers for you too! :)

@ash1la wow that was fast! I am feeling nothing so far...

@Yayal0vesy0u Thank you! How many weeks were u??
  • 37 wks 3 days
  • im 40+4 so im having mine done every 48 hours x
  • And the stripping of the membrane brought on intense contractions....severe ones! When I got to hospital I was only a 1 but bc my contractions were so intense and bc I had High BP they went on and kept me.
  • Yup, I had my baby 24hrs after and made my contractions awful, if I had to do it again, I wouldn't have...I had to have epidural and npo, which made things even worse, all the nurses told me not to do it, but I did anyway!
  • @ekscvc14 Ah don't scare me! Lol...how long after you had the sweep did u start feeling contractions? Its been about 6 hours and I feel NOTHING! :-(
  • Swept @ 1300, contractions started@ 6pm, they were very very painful after 3 hours, unnaturally painful, admitted@ 10pm, epidural@ midnight, which made it impossible to sleep bc u could only lay on one side, and I became very nauseated and felt like I couldn't swallow, wish was panicking, so the nurse sat with me and kept me up for a few hours. Started pictocin@ 6am, and had baby@ 1pm....so if u do get contractions, I really hope they aren't bad!! They weren't going to admit me, but my dr talked them into it bc I was moaning and carrying on in agony.
  • @ekscvc14 well it looks like my sweep didnt do its job bcuz its been 24 hours and I feel nothing :( When u got them swept do u know if they did a vigorous sweep? My doc said he didnt do a vigorous one.
  • i got mine stripped and i just cramped all day but doc induced me the next day and it helped a lil to get it done but i was the same as when i got them stripped until i was induced so it didnt really work.
  • I hope it gets ur labor started and Congrats looks like ur closer:D because at least ur 2cm dialated and me nothing im only thining and im 39w 2d.... Ill probably sound dum with this question but how is the membrane strip done and can anyone get it done because if yes i want to ask my doc??
  • @marabel thanks but it doesnt seem to be working! :( but yeah anybody can get it done, especially if u are this close, just ask your doc at your next visit before she/he checks ur cervix. All it is is them swiping the opening of your cervix, its not painful just alot of pressure! Good luck! Labor dust to you! :)
  • @marabel thanks but it doesnt seem to be working! :( but yeah anybody can get it done, especially if u are this close, just ask your doc at your next visit before she/he checks ur cervix. All it is is them swiping the opening of your cervix, its not painful just alot of pressure! Good luck! Labor dust to you! :)
  • They basically create prostaglandins which is the same thing in semen when doing a sweep, hoping to cause labor! I had it done twice a 2cm and 50% effaced, no improvement either time:( when ur cervix is long and hard its tough for doc to get her fingers thru the cervix to sweep around and create prostaglandis. I hope u have better luck!I'm 40w2d :(