venting very pissed off!!!!

edited February 2011 in Baby showers
Im very pissed off! My baby shower is in 3 damn weeks and nothing has been done. First I had someone bail on me for doing it and now the people that are doing it don't have time to do it and just wont freaking say that they can't do it. Im so damn irritated and pisses off that im seriously considering calling the whole damn thing off. I don't get why people say they can do things if the really f***img can't.

Comments

• That sux. If it were me i'd be calling them everyday. Later u can blame it on being pregnant lol!
  • Well you know what they say...if you want something done right do it yourself...i would just take over and tell them you no longer need their help
  • Remember ....you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.... try to stay sweet and explain to them how much you need this and need and appreciate their help. If it weren't for their efforts you're baby would have to go without and they certainly wouldn't want that, etc... it's not like this is a yearly birthday party or anything...a very special occassion that needs their support. Good luck!
  • @ellemarie I know I should be nice and try to stay calm it just the simple fact that they haven't even sent out the invitations or done anything for that matter.

@ashley_smashley I have just decided to do it myself after calling them today and having them confirm that they haven't don't anything yeah I was mean about it but they got every thing from me 3 weeks ago.
  • Omg, with my 1st shower nobody said anything until I was 7 months and it was a friend so I said yeah, then my sister got pissed and has hated and talked shit about my friend ever since. This time at 6 months I asked my dads new wife to ask my sister if she was going to because the same friend offered again. Just had it Saturday and my sister made snide remarks all day about my friend and how her shower was better and that's all she cared about (not about me or if I was happy, btw my sisters was 100x better.) Anyway they are super stressful, I should have done both of mine myself to avoid the drama...
  • It's always best if you throw your own shower. You can always have things done the way you would like. I'm doing my own, schedule it the day I want and do everything my way. But if they wanna help they can, if not then oh well
  • I'm throwin my own my sis offered to help pay though and another offered to cook and print out games besides that I'm doin everything else cause they live 7 and 14 hours away......they will be coming on that day but I gotta do everything else on my own....u know how sad it is to be so excited for things but yet its disappointing at the same time????registry was totally my favorite thing with my first pregnancy but this one kinda sucked
  • Ummm maybe its a surprise shower? Sorry that's happening to you...
  • I hear ya. I don't get to have one this time, but I did with my first. My friend and I had a spat and my mom took over. She did everything last minute. Only her friends and my grandma were there. Needless to say it wasn't great. So I decided this time I'm not having one. Just sux because I have nothing left from my daughter who is now 5.
    Good luck Hun.
  • Take it easy. Tell ur hubby to do it instead that way it gets done. Good luck
  • @melissa it is not a surprise. I have people on my guest list that are calling and asking when will they be getting an invite. Today alone I had 5 people call me. My shower is in 2 weeks and still nothing has been done. Im beyond pissed off im literally getting ready to kick someones ass. And as far as my hubby goes he barely has time to sleep he works 16 hour day.
  • Soo that sounds very upsetting... I know that feeling I've learned that you can only really count on yourself... I have 16 yr old 15 yr old 1 yr old and due in may... out of all of them only one shower... no shower plans for me for my fist girl... :-( it makes sad but I I really don't have friends anymore just family.. learned that family is and should be number one and friends well they just come and go