Water Leaking? Dilating Cervix? I'm Confused!

edited October 2011 in Pregnant
Hey guys. I don't know what to make of this.

So I'm laying in bed on my side. Baby is doing a number on my cervix. If there ever was a sure-fire feeling of a baby trying to break out of the womb, then this is it. Ow.

Anyway, so he's like, clawing and head-butting my cervix. Then I start feeling even more pressure inside my vagina. And then it feels like a small gush of fluid coming out. I swear I felt it on the outside of my cervix. Then I felt it again a few seconds later. BD helped me out of bed, but I saw nothing when I went to the bathroom and wiped, nor did I feel anything coming down as was standing.

I'm so confused. Did anything like this happen for anyone else? I'm 32w5d. Not really having any other symptoms besides straining to (tmi) poo as baby's head is taking up a ton of space. It was giving me a huge tummy ache so I was straining to push a couple hours ago. And I had a TON of painful Braxton Hicks last Tuesday and Wednesday, lasting all day both days. Someone suggested I might be dehydrated, so after drinking a ton of Pedialyte and water that night, they slowed down and I was finally able to sleep Wednesday night and started improving from Thursday on. Since then, I thought I was feeling some leaking going on, but I got it in my head last night that that was silly, and was just normal extra discharge.

This time, I folded some TP up and put it in my underwear to see if anything is coming out, and put down a towel. Jussssst in case. Lol.

It's like, I must be crazy. First pseudo-contractions, then pseudo-water breaking? Good grief... I wish I could just have all the answers... :P

Next appt is Tuesday. Definitely bringing the last week's events to my doctor's attention. But I doubt he's going to do anything about it.

Comments

• If u even think ur leaking go to the dr but other than that I'm sorry can't really help but BUMP good luck
  • Thanks @proudcastromama. I'm just waiting to see what happens now...
  • I am wondering if i am leaking too, just always seem to be liquid down there and woke up in night with a trickle but not needing loo. Off to doc in am hour anyway, no doubt its just pee and i am delightful lol
  • Lol. Let me know what happens! :) @three_cats_n_a_baby
  • I was told if i thought i was leaking to put on a maxi pad & go on doing wat i normally do for 2hrs... afta 2hrs check the pad... if its soaked the uve probably broke ur bag & to call ER immediately... if not its jus baby laying on ur bladder... hope this helps... good luck!
  • I was laying sideways when I felt pressure and then what I thought was some discharge come out. I was worried it was my water so I did the small pad thing and after 20 mins of nothing I thought it was nothing till 40 mins later I bent down to do something and bam-o! gush of fluid. Lol had my baby 13 hours later (: good luck!
  • So far, no gush of fluid. He has been going crazy all night, though. It is after 4am and I am still awake cus of this kid! I feel bruised on the inside. :'(

While I'm still doubting I'm leaking, I can imagine this is what it feels like when things start to move down. I don't want him to get here for several more weeks, though....

100% sure it's not my bladder. I have a chronic condition that makes it feel basically like a really awful UTI/bladder infection. So anytime anything comes out of there, I definitely feel it. Maybe this is a plus, in some strange way. Lol.

Thanks ladies, I'll keep you posted. @firsttimeoct_mom @honestlyhopeful
  • Do u have interstital cystitis/painful bladder syndrome?
  • @kelseyjo Yup! I'm amazed someone actually knows what it is... lol.
  • Oh I know lol it is the most painful crap especially pregnant...its causing my right kidney to fail this pregnancy :(...how long have u had it? I was diagnosed at 15 and im 21 now docs said ill need to have my bladder removed by 30 :(
  • edited October 2011
    @Kelseyjo Yeah, having it while pregnant has been interesting to say the least. Especially being off of meds. But now that baby's so big, I can't empty my bladder all the way anymore.

I first had symptoms in May 2009, and it took forever to diagnose. It eventually got better. It was finally figured out what it was in the summer of 2010. From then on, it was improving. I stopped having flare ups all the time, finally. But now, it feels like it's coming back. Bladder won't empty. Super painful. Not bleeding like I was for the first year, though. WHEW.

My kidneys have been hurting more and more recently, but I've been attributing that to a growing baby putting pressure on them. Especially since both hurt, not just one.

I imagine if things kept going the way they were at first with how bad it was, I'd be in the same boat as you. How do you deal??