does anyone have mirena or any other iud?

edited October 2011 in Health
im thinking of getting mirena after my baby is born.. hes my first & im planning on having another in like 2-3 years.. is it good birth control or do u advice using something else? any side effect? weight gain? mood swings?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I had the mirena between kids and again now. I love mine I haven't had any weight gain or anything. Only thing was I had headaches for a couple weeks after I got it put in both times and back aches. I won't ever use a different kind of BC since I've had this IUD.
  • I had the mirena for 3 years had it removed and had a ruptured ectopic soon after I lost a tube and had a hard time getting pregnant will not get on it again everyone is diffrent but for me never again like they said their always a,negative and positive to any form of bc
  • I would never suggest anyone ever getting mirena (just my opinion) if u ever plan on having more kids. I had mirena in for a year. Had it removed in jan and we r still ttc. Cant say itss murenas fault but maybe google "mirena crash" b4 u get it. Alot of woman have had a lot of problem. I will say that it did make my periods WAY lighter.
  • My friend is getting hers removed thursday too many problems pains, headaches, and way emotional along with pain and spotting
  • @mommyof3girls. If ur ttc go to gmc and get the womens fertility blen that's what I had to get after removing mine and having the ectopic it just nutrients for ur uturusgood luck I hate the mirena
  • @proudcastromama thank you! I will for sure check that out! Thanks so much!!!
  • My Dr offers a different type. It's the ten year. It's the same concept as mirena but its non hormonal. Has anyone heard of it or tried it? I want it after this baby.

( sorry I asked in your post but its the exact same only no hormones and last longer. You can still remove it at anytime like mirena, maybe it could be right for you since mirena has a bad reputation)
  • Everyone is diff... I had mirena in for 4 1/2 years.. I took it out in Nov found out I was preggers in Feb I thought it wld take a long time to conceive again... I was def surprised wen my doc tld me I was expecting!! After having my baby girl Im going bck to Mirena again BTW I'm 36 weeks & my baby is very very healthy
  • I had the mirena and loved it! No problems with it. When we were ready for another baby I got it out and was prego the same month. I plan on getting it again after this child
  • I had the mirena for almost 5 years and LOVED it!!!! Removed it myself and got pregnant 1 month later. Sadly that ended in a miscarriage but got pregnant again 2 months after my miscarriage and am now 5 months!!!! I would deff get it again but have decided to have my tubes tied instead since this is our last one!

• @2BeForgotten
    @carrie
    @proudcastromama
    @mommyof3girls
    @Alwayzbeenurz2008
    @proudcastromama
    @mommyof3girls
    @babynumber02
    @mommyxoxo2
    @Bmccaskill
    @missthiggy

OK now im major totally confused!! aaaa idk what to do lol ok so if i wanna have more babies i def dnt wanna risk it. what kind of BC could i use thats effective & wont make me super fat & possibly wnt give me mood swings..lol i knw its too much to ask but my dr. is of no help & the only other BC ive ever taken is ortho tri-cyclen lo.. which sucked for me! so if u girls knw of anything else advie is welcomed :)
  • I used the nuva ring. Never had any side ecreate with it. Very light periods too so that was a plus.
  • *effects (not ecreate) damn auto correct
  • i have this BC called implanon. It good for 3 years and its inserted in the inner side of our arm. So far i like it but ive only had it for a month and everything seems to b goin good
  • Well I had the mirena for 4 years and I did have lots of wieght issues plus ton of cramps pains omg and the headaches but....... I took it out in nov the begining and I was prego by the end of dec
  • Lol I was on ortho tri cyclen lo as well had killer mood swings my doctor wouldn't reall help me either I switched birthcontrols a ton in a few months then got off and that's how I'm here lol idk what imma do for my birth control after baby either....
  • @xxallyxx how does nuva ring work?
    @alwayzbeenurz2008 u had major mood swings too! I wuld seriously tell off whoever turned to look at me lol never goin bak there again!
    @e_n_j ugh I really dnt want pains.. I dnt think imma do mirena.. :/ more neg than pos is never good
  • Yeah I was super possisive and I would get mad over stupid things it got so bad the bd smashed my windshield and we were in the street in each others faces. It was horrible. But since I've been off I'm compeletly normal again. Which I thank good for because I was snapping at everyone not just the bd lol
  • @babynumber02, I have that. Its called Paraguard, its a copper IUD that is good for 10 years. Ive had it for about 4 mos now and havent had any problems. The dr did warn me that it may cause heavier periods and cramping, but I havent had my period yet, so we'll see.
  • It's a vaginal ring that you insert in kinda like the OB tampon( the one without the applicator) it stays in for 3 weeks then you take it out for a week. The week it's not in you get your period. It's really comfortable I never felt it when it was in. And my bf at the time couldn't feel it during sex.
  • I had the nonhormonal iud after my son was born. I had no problems and fell pregnant the month after I had it removed! Ill be getting it again after this one. I too will be trying for another baby in 2years.
  • I hope good things for everyone!

I have to have low dos or non hormonal. The nuva ring was too much hormones for me and it didn't fit me right. The Dr even helped me. I guess I just have a short vagina lol. I wanted to try ortho but I'm scared that will also be too much. I feel like we are in the same boat as far as our birth control needs :) I know what's out there cuz I Google it all the time but... Even low dos still make me crazy. That's Why I'm leaning toward paragaurd. But I hear like @ captinmorgaine said, that it causes crazy heavy periods and cramping. Ugg! This is frustrating :(
  • @Happiestmommietobe I was on depo hated it I tried the patched hated it the iud gave me complete satisfaction no goin bck & forth to Dr yu dnt have to worry about changing it & its 99% effective... I had no periods no mood swings & I did have cramping towards the end but I liked it better than ne thing else... yu have to try it yourself to see if it works for yu..
  • @Happiestmommietobe I was on depo hated it I tried the patched hated it the iud gave me complete satisfaction no goin bck & forth to Dr yu dnt have to worry about changing it & its 99% effective... I had no periods no mood swings & I did have cramping towards the end but I liked it better than ne thing else... yu have to try it yourself to see if it works for yu..
  • ok ladies well i had my dr. appt yesterday & i told her i wntd the copper iud & she said my insurance wont cover it :/ so im just gonna go with mirena.. she said if i feel uncomfi with it she'll remove it immediately.. im not 100% happy but im willing to try it.
    @mommyxoxo2
    @babynumber02
    @misselfae
    @XxallyxX
    @captainmorgaine
  • I hope it works for yu...
  • Let me know how it goes!!! You said you need a low hormone birth control and so do i, I want mirena cuz it gets rid of your period but I'm scared the hormones will make me go crazy. Good luck to you!! I really hope it works!! :)
  • I had the paragard because I didn't want any hormones to make me crazy. It's reversal if you don't want to do the whole 10 yrs. I had it for about 2 months now with no problems