Depo?! Please read!

edited October 2011 in Postpartum Health
So I got my depo shot yesterday and my ob said I could go back to having sex if I wanted to. Well I did it for the first time last night. And again tonight and it just dawned on me that I didn't ask how long before im protected. We didn't use a condom and he came inside me (tmi) I've been doing research on google and o found different answers from 4 hours after you get it til 6months. Can anyone help me please. Im freaking out. :-((

Comments

• I haven't had my period yet I stopped bleeding last Thursday. And got shot yesterday so that's 4 days.
  • If memory serves me correctly from my experience with the depo shot, you should be good. You get the shot usually during or right after your period so it is effective before you would ovulate. You could always call the doc and ask?
  • Thank :) yea I gonna call first thing tomorrow :)
  • The dr told me its like the pill. As soon as you start taking it, it takes effect.
  • I thought the pill took about a month to start working. But I hope so because the last thing I need eight now is another baby. But if it happens I will love him and call him my oops baby haha jk!
  • Thank I hope so! :)