Omg...My C-section incision is leaking!

I'm 9 days PP and when I woke up this morning my c-section incision was leaking a pus with a foul odor. I called the dr & have an appt. @ 1:30 but I just wanted to kno if any of you ladies experienced this and if so what was it & what did your doctor do?

First person I called was my mama, Mothers knows everything(or atleast we think they do) she say its infected!

Comments

• Yup that's a infection
  • @MAmajolene Ugh this is bad, do u kno what the doctors gonna do? Do they have 2 stitch me up again?
  • Yes its an infection. I have had to csections my first was 4yrs ago & everything went great my second was 7 weeks ago & didn't go so well. Anyways I had stitches with the first & staples with the second due to the fact that it was an emergency. One of the staples came lose and the incision opened & was leaking & smelled bad. I went into the Dr.s office they put me on antibiotics and put sugerical tape on the incision. You will probably have a 10 day course of antibiotics. I asked why I got an infection my Dr said it could be from a number of things the hair growing back has bacteria on it and can cause an infection. She told me to make sure after showers that the incision is dry she said to use a blowdryer. Anyways with the antibiotics & making sure it was dry it went away in a couple of days. That smell freaked me out!! Hope that I was able to help you :)
  • @mom2beof2 thank you so much that helped a lot, I was afraid they was gonna have 2 stich me up again or something painful....and yes the smell is horrible!!
  • I had a leak 7 days pp. I went in that sane day. Dr said mine was noemal, something called saroma or something like that.
  • You're welcome :) I know I was freaked out. Let me know what the Dr says. And congratulations :) being a mommy is the best!! Enjoy it, it goes by so fast!! If you have any questions let me know. I don't comment very much on here but I check in once in awhile. Good luck
  • I also had a c-section &&my incision was leaking but no smell or anything Dr said the same as caroline8_p Dr did... I was scared also thinking my incision was opening &&that I was gonna need more stitches or sumthing lol... Hope yu get better &&evrything goes good
  • Have you gone yet? Its 3:40 here :/
  • @MrsMitchell03 sorry I didn't update but yes it was infected Bad, dr had to cut it open and I have to stuff the 2 holes with gauze every 4hrs. I go Monday for a follow up to see if it got better or spreaded. If its betta he's going to numb the area & stitch it back up, if its not healed I might have to have surgery. So I'm praying I been taking care of it well and it heals!
    @mom2beof2
    @lentoswifey
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @2BeForgotten Yes, it is very scary from the moment they told me I would have a c-section, I knew things wouldn't be right. Thanks I hope it heals too!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My incision site was also opening and leaking my Dr told me to.wash the area with dial antibacterial soap 3 times a day and put a pad on the site to catch the drainage I did.that and when I went back Tuesday it was closed so maybe u can try that good luck!!!!
  • Do not let him stitch u back up..... That is the wrong thing to have done. My incision opened with my last section. I asked if they could stitch it... Nopeeeeeee. I asked why. They said it will cause more infection. I went through a home health and wound care center. Had a woundvac machine and healed up within 4 weeks. It worked amazingly. Good luck with everything...
  • @2BeForgotten it is a great feeling, thanks
    @blessedtimes2 dr ask what kind of soap I use & I told him dial he said dat was good. He cut my stitches open in 2 locations, I have to change the gauze 3or4 times a day but its not gonna close after the drainage is gone he's gonna re stitch me up (Ouch!)
  • @jnc121311 Omg now I'm even more scared, he told me if the wound doesn't heal I would have to habe surgery...I'm going to ask about that, thanks!
  • Awwwww miss q I'm sorry to hear that,the things we go through for our babies:)) I'm sure u will be fine and I wish I all the luck:))
  • Omg! Im sorry :(hope its not infected anymore
  • Thanks ladies! Dr. Appt. 2morrow so I'm praying for good news!
  • Good luck if itsmells its infected