birth control!

edited October 2011 in Postpartum Health
Has anyone got the iud I think it's called mirena? If so how do you feel about it? Likes and dislikes?

Comments

• I've never had it . Sorry
  • edited October 2011
    Maybe try searching for this topic you'll, probably find what your looking for!
  • My daughter has been using Mirena since first period pp, so over three months. She has been happy with it. Her periods are much lighter and less painful. Insertion was definately uncomfortable and her pp weight loss slowed for about 8 weeks but now the rest of the weight is coming off. IUD's are VERY effective birth control, more than 99%.
  • Search the topic... I've heard mostly horror stories about it :(
  • I tried searching and the search thing sucks and searches completely different stuff
  • I've heard mostly bad things. My friend has had it for 3 years...never bled. Then all of a sudden she started getting bad pains in her stomach and uterus and back. She started spotting, she thinks it may be implanting in her uterus...which is dangerous.
  • You might also consider copper IUD. Lasts longer (12 years), fewer reported problems. (But does not help w menstral problems.) They are equally effective - in real use more effective then pills, even than getting snipped!
  • edited October 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited October 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I hated it! I had it for a year, my periods never stopped for slowed down...I never knew when they were coming. I had a horrible pain down my left side. My Dr swore it was a nerve...I had it removed and never had that pain again.