first poop after labor

edited October 2011 in Health
I had my baby Wednesdays afternoon.. I had to get a few stitches. Its now Saturday and I have to poop. I'm soooo afraid to though.

Will it hurt?
Could it effect stitches??
Any advice on making it not so bad?

I realllyyyyy have to go and don't want to wait too long and get clogged/backed up.

Comments

• Just don't strain, and make sure you clean up good back there lol. I went the day after and it wasn't bad at all.
  • @starrxoxo9 Thank you for your response. I'm more nervous about this poop than I was the entire pregnancy/labor/delivery. lol. Weird what things make you nervous.
  • Ha ha no prob, I was nervous too but I felt sooo much better after lol.
  • Take a stool softener!! It doesn't make you go it just makes it easier. I took one at the hospital the day after I had my son and the next day I went #2 and I'm going every day sometimes twice a day. I was very regular before as well. Stools have been smaller than befor labor and I havent taken another softener. I got a perscription when discharged and will probably take another pill. I have stiches as well on top and inside.
  • Seriously, take a stool softener. I didnt even have to ask for one at my hospital they just gave me one & boy did that help.
  • @Jess510 & @mszcastillo Thanks for the responses. I took 2 stool softeners at the hospital. One Wednesday night and one Thursday afternoon. Would they still be working today to make stool soft? Or would it have hardened back up by now? SORRY I know these are gross questions.
  • I only took one pill and mine are soft still. Took it on tuesday. Don't know if it's the pill or my lack of appetite. Sorry just take,another can't hurt.
  • I took a stool softener and I pooped for the first time 7 days after I gave birth. I was really nervous but you can wipe with witch hazel pads and u will feel better. :)
  • Im not sure how they work. I had a csection on a wednesday & wasn't able to go until friday. They gave me one each day I was there though.