i think hes sick :(

edited October 2011 in Babies
My 4 week old has a cough. Sneezes. And this weird rattle in the back of his throat that makes his nose rattle an it causes him to gag, an he's having a hard time breathing outa his nose. His chest an evrything sound clear. But I'm terrified its smthn worse than just a little cold. Anybody hav any ideas?

Comments

• Plenty of fluids and watch his temp call ur ped just in case too
  • Google The Symptoms Of RSV. My Tia Told Me To Watch Out For It, Cuz Babies Are More Likely To Get It Than Adults.
  • Well he's stil eating normal. An he's actn fine. Just coughn an sneezing.
  • He is too young for juice or meds the only thing you can use is saline nose drops and suck it back out with a nasal bulb
  • My son is like that too but he's 8 weeks on Tuesday. He's also been eating less the past 2 days. I took him to the Dr and he put him on baby tylenol and some antibiotics cuz its a chest infection :( me and hubs have it also. I feel so bad r son has it. Take ur Lo to be seen and use saline drops in the mean time. Oh and run the shower real hot and stand in the steamy bathroom to clear out the back of the throat.
  • @preggointx yea I knw he's to young for liquids.. I been using the bulb sucker but its not doin much. The mucus sounds like its way in the bak of his throat. :( he keeps gaging.
    @kingsmama Aw i hope Ur little man starts feeling betr.. I hate seeing babies sick. My oldest 2 kids hav runny noses an coughs an I thinks he's pickn it up from them.. but it scares me to cuz with little babies immune system bein so weak theyr bodies can take it an turn it in to rsv so I'm on my toes. But his appetite hast really changed. He's stil eating good
  • Aw all these sick babies! My lil man almost 6 weeks is coughing. My oldest had a cough I got it and gave it to him :( I don't like meds or anything IF it can be avoided so I have been sitting him upright which helps a lot. if he gets a fever he will be going to doctor or if he cough continues or worsens. I hope your lil one feels better try that shower thing and the bulb I saw those suggestions come up a lot on google.
  • @socalmomma2boys yea I try to avoid mess also. Thankfully hes not rubbing a fevr an his cough hasn't been terrible. Hope Ur bbys feel betr
  • You can mix vicks with vasoline too
  • Sounds just like my baby :( joey sounded a lot better today hasn't coughed at all hope you had the same luck
  • @socalmomma2boys I just seen how dumb I mustang sounded in my last message lol stupid auto correct. I'm glad Ur litl man is doin betr. So far 2day he's ok. Just sneezing like crazy...which now I have the sneezes an sore throat.
  • Nice of your baby to share his cold with you. My stupid phone auto corrects everything too thank god I have a keyboard.
  • @socalmomma2boys Ahh I just seen my phone wrote mustang instead of "must have" in my last post. Lol yea it was very nice of him to share his cold. :| lol
  • Go to the hospital asap
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @mommy2b1111 he has a Dr apt, he's acting fine today. I've heard him cough 1 time. An he's sneezed a few times.
    @marinesangel thanks for the prayers. Hope Ur little guy gets betr
  • My guy sounded like that when he was about 3 mos, and the Dr. said it wasnt an infection, but wasnt very helpful as to what it was. So I ended up putting him in his bouncer when I showered every morning and I put a pillow under his mattress to elevate his head slightly when he slept, helped WONDERS. And then I just used Boogie Wipes to clean under his nose without chafing. Love those things. Tempted to use them in lieu of regular wipes, except for some reason theyre more expensive.