Im small , so they are going to . .

edited October 2011 in Pregnant
induce me november 1st. im due november 4th. my cervix is still closedbut my daughter is small. they think its better if they induce me so she can gain her own weight on her own since im not doing it for her. I DONT want negative comments , im just asking for moms who experienced being induced can you tell me how it was PLEASE!

Comments

• Both mine went good an prolly getn induced for the 3rd time next week jus get ur epideral early if ur planning on getting it
  • @Mrz_Jackson2anpreggo @kristaf22 thanks ladies you made me feel a lot better. others are scaring me like crazy !
  • Don't listen to others.....everybody is different, so what happend for one of us might happen totally different for someone else. But I had two inductions and they were great....and if your worried about the pain, make sure you get the epi as soon as possible. Good luck!
  • I had tmthe best labor and delivery and I was induced. I heard horror stories about the induction meds making the pain worse, so my advice, get your epidural as soon as they'll let you. My doctor insisted ln me getting mine when he started pitocin and broke my water... I ended up sleeping the whole time I was in labor until time to push. Good luck. You'll do great.
  • I loved loved loved it!!!! If I knew all my labors would be like this one was I'd have no problem having more I wasn't dilated at all going into it but everything went fine
  • @ash1la @navybabyonway @1stWoodsBaby you guys are the BEST! im eager and ready to go now thanks to you guys. were you guys in labor long ? i go in 8 am will i have her that night , like what should i expect ?
  • are you dialated or soft at all? I wasnt even I finger tip dialated and she hadn't dropped when I was induced last week, I went in at 7pm and they started cerdival to soften me then at 7 am they started pitocin, for some reason I thought I had to be 4 cm to get an epidural so that was a long 4 hours as it was all back contractions. She was born at 7:25 with 45 minutes of pushing, and this is my first. And I could feel the urge to push even with the epidural. Sorry if that was more info than you wanted. Good luck! And also eat up until the time they tell you to stop lol
  • @cute_pebbles thanks sooooo much for posting this!! I was getting so nervous reading the other posts as well! I will be getting induced Sat morning if he doesn't come before that. So this was so reassuring! As i know everyone is different , it was still great to hear positive stories! I am 40w 4days and was 4 cm and 80% when I got checked yesterday.
  • @Kimberly4411 lol , no ! thanks for all the info. i need to no everything ! and im still closed . she is head dwn tho . idk if that means much. and wow you had her fast !
    @octobernewbie your welcome. i was just on fb and this mom was bashing me because i was getting induced. she acs like it was my choice. its because my baby is small. but yess thanks to pregly this is making both of us feel better =) good luck an please post yur story if he doesnt come an u get induced!
  • @cute_pebbles girl, someone is ALWAYS going to have something to say. I just find it so sad for others to be so quick to judge when they don't fully understand the situation. I'm sure your Dr. knows what he/she is doing; as does mine ;-) Good luck with your induction as well and I will be sure to post my story.
  • Induction went pretty well just have your mind made up whrn they ask you for an epidural and be ready to take deep breathes and push ....if I can do it so can u
  • Let me know how it goes!! I'm due 12th Nov but there worried that my baby boy is to small. I go for a scan on Monday and if he's still measuring to small then he's outa there by the end of the week! Then we can fill him full of booby milk :) I was induced with my son (he was 9lber 9.5oz and 11days late) and it all went really smoothly, so fingers crossed if I do need to be induced next week it goes just aswel
  • %%- good luck momma hope baby puts it on :)
  • I went in at 11pm Monday night they started cervidill and I went to sleep they gave me another round at 4am and I got some more sleep. Woke up about 9 and walked as soon as I sat down my water broke they started pitocin at 1pm got my epi at 3pm had my daughter at 1156pm Tuesday night.

I could feel the pressure from needing to push. My epi was to strong for me so they had to shut it off before I started pushing because I was so numb I couldn't hold my legs to push.
  • My daughter had her baby in May. She was 40+6. She checked in at 6:30 am, they started pitocin about 8:30am, she had her baby at 1:46pm that afternoon. She chose to go natural with no pain meds. Her doctpr was very good and monitored her closely to keep the pitocin amount just right. Baby was 7.0 lbs. They were both released the next day. It went super good.
  • @octobernewbie Good luck to you too =) @Rhianna1213 thanks girl =) ima try hard an be strong ! @mums_the_word yeahhh ! i def will ! i hope all goes well at your scan good luck =) @darknesofnight4u thank you so much !
  • @Granny2B omg that was a fast delivery and her baby was a good size. i hope my luck is that good. and i also hope my baby can come home with me the same day i go home.
  • It was fast! I hope your delivery goes great and you are home with your baby in your arms soon!
  • small babys do my lil sister was like 4lbs and 4 oz and she put it on fast infact she was so small only doll clothes would fit her lol now shes not so small lol :)
  • How big is she did they tell you?? My son was measuring small the whole time and they told me he wasn't gonna be bigger then 6lbs he weighted 6lbs15oz when he was born I didn't even look 9 months pregnant when I gave birth!
  • @darknesofnight4u haha thats funny and cute ! and i hope she packs it on while she is in the hospital so she can come home with me !
    @mommytobe505 they said she was 4lbs and 12 oz wen i was 36 weeks. i am now 37 weeks and 4 days idk how much she weighs now. and i look like im 6 months prego ! how many pounds did they tell you your son was when they measured him in your tummy ? with u being small. because 6 pounds is good to me=)
  • I went for a u/s at 32 wks and he was 3lbs15oz they told me he was gonna be small at birth I only weighted 126 when I gave birth
  • @mommytobe505 i only weigh 115 . @sophiasmom11 aww that was easy . wish me easy labor dust like yours!
  • I went in for an elective induction and it went great! I got the same crap because I wasn't letting her decide when to come so I was selfish, so don't listen to them. You will know what you can and cannot handle. I came in at 6am and they started pit at 7 and my water broke at same time and I had her at 12:37pm the same day and this was my first. The contractions hurt and I went natural but they are totally worth the pain. To hold your little one in your arms after is so totally worth the pain. Good luck!
  • She will be fine :) %%-
  • Your smaller then me!
  • @augustmommy2b do i choose they type of induction that i want ? or they choose ? omg i want that type of delivery that was beyond fast !
  • I didnt get to choose, they just started me in pit but I was also 4 cm along when I walked in. Fast delievery was incrediy nice because I've heard all the horror stories of being in labor a long time.
  • edited October 2011
    I was 2cm dilated and 70% thinned (after 24 hrs of cervidil).they started pitocin and broke my water at 7am. Got epidural at 8am. Pushed for 6 mins and had baby at 5:09pm the same day. This was my first so also don't believe that all firsts are horribly long.
  • These r all good induction stories not scared no more im schulde for sunday if baby dnt cum fri