BBT tracking

edited October 2011 in Trying to conceive
Has anyone tracked their BBT to concieve? I dont understand it can someone explain ? How acurate is it and how long did it take to conceive?

Comments

• I did not, I used an ovulation kits. But I had a friend that did and she had it mastered! She got pregnant with her last 2 the very first month of trying, while tracking BBT. I would just google it, I'm just not for sure, but I think that your temp rises right before ovulation....and I also know that you are supposed to check your temp first thing in the morning before getting out of bed? And I think you need a special thermometer for it, one that is more sensitive. Good luck!
  • I used it. Worked amazing! Take your temp same time every morning, also start to take your prenatal vitamins too. Your temp will rise when you're releasing the egg. Just have sex EVERY day and you'll be pregnant before you know it. Then best part, you can look back and pin point the day of conception
  • I disagree that having sex every day will result in pregnancy lol ive tried it! And realistically it's tough to bsby dance EVERY day just bc life happens but bbt tracking could help.

They suggest that the best time to do it is after waking up but before u get out if bed... bc as you're more active your temp csn change. I had mine on my night stand when i was checking.

They also say to not have it directly in the middle but slightly to the side under your tounge. Temp will rise as u ovulate (not some insane jump, like a cpl degrees) & will remain so if you concieve.

Good luck girl!!! *baby dust*
  • Ok so I have been tracking for a month almost and there is no pattern to my temps. Im wondering if maybe I am just not ovulating. But im not sure how to tell according to temps.
  • Make sure you are using a bbt thermometer...its accurate to 2 decimal places instead of one. The rise can be very slight so you need the more accurate thermometer. They aren't expensive. Walmart has them right next to the other thermometers by the pharmacy.
  • Ok ill get one of those the thing thats is weird my temos are up and down like 4 degrees different
  • Ok I read when your temp rises you have already ovulated. So you need to track it in order to conceive the next month. I bd every other day and that did the trick for us. Gl also ovulation packs didn't work for me, even tho I tried. I'd never get a + reading. You need to get an actual thermometer that measures bbt. I got mine at walmart. also you need to take it b4 getting out if bed in the morning. If you get the one I had it has instructions & tells you what everything means.
  • Ill get a new thermomiter today also just wanted to clarify I take my temp at same time every morning before I get out of bed.
  • I did. i used fertilityfriend.com to help me track. it worked wonders! Got pregnant after ttc for over a yr! Also used preseed lubricant and took macca root vitamins a week before i was supposed to ovulate. good luck and lots of baby dust!