period cramps and a sore back

edited October 2011 in Third Trimester
I've had period type cramps for most of the day n in the last hour or so my back has started hurting... feels like my muscles are really tired, n super sore. Could this be early labor? Or my body just getting ready?

Comments

• I feel like Im a pro with these pains by now! I hate to say it but like my dr said, you could have those pains for quite awhile. I used to think it meant I was getting close but now I just think my body is toying with me.
  • edited October 2011
    I've been going through that exact same thing for 2 days now but I have a lot of pressure like a BM too!!! But nothing has happened yet, but everybody's different so what's not happening for could be happening for you sure seems that way with me I'm gonna be the last pregnant person alive!!!
  • @vtmamajuju argh I'm really hope that isn't the case with me... I'm so ready to have this baby!

@supermom405 yeah I feel the same way, like this is never going to end. I just wanna hold my son already!
  • Yes exactly!!!! I just want this lil girl out with me
  • Ive been having them a couple weeks
  • I've been having the same thing for a couple of days now :( how are you suppose to know when to go in?? Meeep! Seems like every symptom is just a tease!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • It's hard to say for some because my mom was in labor with me & didn't even kno it!!! I said how??? She told me she jus had mild cramping thought it was nothing went to her regular check up & turned out she was 8cm!!! I'm like wow & I've read stories of similar situations happening so labor can be a sneaky lil thing I jus want mines to get going I want my baby!!!!!
  • This teasing me with the on & off contractions is driving me up the wall
  • Agreed with @charliebby1116, Faerdra you know I'm going through the same bc of my fb status. I have my doc appt tomorrow, I was 4cm Thursday, I'm gonna see if she will check me again bc I've never had miserable cramping and contractions like this for so long. It's been going on since Saturday and keeps coming back. Idk how ladies can time them. It's confusing to try.. or for me it is.
  • @ashleyfew lol oh joy can't wait -____-

@teeniemommy oh man you've been 4cm?? Shouldn't they take you in if you've dialated that much? Well I hope your munchkin comes soon!!!
  • @charliebby1116 I was 4cm Thursday, but I'm not having regular contractions... I think thats why.. and I'm also not 37 weeks (full term) till Thursday so they can't induce me. Nor would my doctor even consider it till 39 weeks.
  • all my random pains have stopped! Im hoping this is calm before the storm as my entire pregnancy has been painful!
  • @teeniemommy oh man :( I'm sorry I wonder if that means you'll have a fast labor? Which would be pretty cool :) last week I was 1cm I find out today if I have advanced at all...
  • @charliebby1116 lots of luck and dust for you :D
  • Thats what labor was for me! So you could be in labor start timing the pains.
  • I started getting cramping it wasn't too bad but bad enough that I couldn't sleep so I broke night and that following morning I had my 39 week appt and I got checked and found out I was 3cm dilated. Had my son the following day! Any pain you feel could be dilating your cervix so you never really know!
  • I got that pain then it broke up into contractions had baby 10 hours later x
  • Doesn't look like I'm that lucky. I'm not sure he'll ever get here
  • U cant b preggo forever..if u go a couple weeks over they'll induce u