Depo (BirthControl)

edited October 2011 in Postpartum Health
Just Got My Birthcontrol Shot Today I Wanna Know How Long Will I Bleed & When Does The Medicine Start Working?

Comments

• It's pretty effective right off but use protection for a couple of days. You should stop bleeding within a week but everyone is different. I was on it for 10years and didn't bleed
  • I Started My Period Yesterday But I Got My Shot Today
  • I was told 2 weeks still wear condoms, and as far as bleeding, I was on it3 years and never had any bleeding.
  • Well My Bleeding Has Slowed Down Since Earlier Bcus It Was Extra Heavy
  • I tried it for 9 months 14 years ago & then I tried the progesterone pill (same thing just pill form) and ubfortunately for me I had pretty much a 9 month period! The doctors kept saying it would even itself out & for me abosultely wrong they were! However, my sister got on it & the lucky B didn't have a period for a decade b4 getting her tubes tied. I did gain weight too but that's possible with any bc. I now decline any bc due to the increased risk of estrogen consumption but the natural family planning method worked for me. Good luck!
  • I got the 3 mo shot after my 1st son and bled every day for the 3 mo. As far as it being effective the Dr. told me it was effective as of getting the shot.
  • I stopped bleeding like a week after, but my doctor didn't make me wait for a period so I got mine at 2wpp. I never bleed with Depo and I haven't gained weighed but no bc has ever made me gain weight or spot/ bleed, hopefully you'll be as lucky as me :)
  • Wow I See It Affects Everyone Different
  • I got it for a yr or less n I don't remember bleeding but I did gain weight. I jumped from 105 to 125 or 130. I also nvr had a period
  • I just got mine yesterday not bleeding yet but I was also told to continue to take my birth control pill for a week
  • I Came On Sunday Got My Shot Yesterday & Every Since My Bleeding Has Slowed Down
  • My son was born september 28 I got the shot 4 days after delivery, it's 2 months and a day after delivery and I'm still bleeding
  • Yep I've Been Bleeding Since October 24 =( Tragic!