preg blood test?

edited October 2011 in Pregnant
I need pregly input please...
Last year we lost a pregnancy and when they ordered a blood test it came back negative for pregnancy... so i either lits it very early, or had a chemical pregnancy. -at first i had pos & neg pee tests, then a couple days later pos, then 2 weeks later a neg blood test...

On saturday I'm telling my husband we're expecting! \:D/ but i feel like even though i feel really positive about this, my Hubby (& i) will hold back in excitement bc of our heart break last yr. This one feels stronger... but to have peace of mind (before i tell him) should i go in for a blood test? We don't have insurance so it's about $75.

I feel like I'd love it but don't want to jinx myself or anything... so if u had gone through this... would u spend the $ or not?!?!

Comments

• I say spend the money to be 100% sure... and it will also put ur mind at ease, that way u and hubby really can be excited for sure!
  • I'm sorry about your mc, I def understand you I also had a mc last year. I would totally pay the $75 just to have peace of mind.
  • Yes, I would def get the blood test.
  • @kristaff2 yes still pos! I just want to be sure fir my hubby i guess. My friend says "no. This is it for sure" but She's also not been through what we have so it's tough. It's a lot of $ when we're paying off our debts, but i also think it would help...
  • I have the girls tm so today us kinda my only chance to set this up instead of looking around bc I'd only have thur... but will prob watch the girls after school and the dr office closes early
  • His ex is in the nursing program & takes blood to practice! Hahaha!
  • If you can.afford it go for it but get.some.insurance everything is super expensive.when u pay out of pocket
  • @preggointx i know! I am happy to be blessed but not sure what to do bc i feel like i don't have options. We make too much for state, & with others u have to be on it for 6 months...

I'm gonna educate myself on insurance bc my friend believes,,,, that it is 6 months whether u are or not.. so if u are, the insurance will pay everything after 6 months has passes?!
  • You can go to a plan parenthood and get a pee test. Take the paperwork they give you to family services and they will give you insurance to pay for the blood test. Or call and see if they will back pay and you can pay for the test yourself and insurance will reimburse it (if ur state does that)
  • I've gone through a loss and I would and have spent the money for a pregnancy blood test. You feel lots better knowing its for real and especially if your hcg levels re really high, usually means a sticky baby :)
  • Don't know if its just cuz I'm in a different state but, most insurances cover a pregnancy as long as its not pre existing. Aka you haven't gone to a Dr and had a pos. Pregnancy test. That's just in Kansas though.
  • Ps. Id wanna have the test done as well.
  • I did a blood test after two positive urine tests. $50 at Any Lab Test Now. I just wanted to be sure before telling hubby...
  • Do u have a pregnancy resource or crisis pregnancy center there? Most of them do free ultrasounds with the tests and they can get u any help u need for free. Where are u located? I can try to find you one local if you would like!
  • Spend the money woman! its worth it!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited October 2011
    I just had today to do it bc i don't want the girls to know yet... so i went in & did it & it was half the price the lady had thought. :) looking forward to calling tm at noon.

The secretary, i love already! She said when to call tm but bc she wont be back till monday, to call & make my first appt then bc now she's excited & can't wait to hear the news. :) made me smile that for some reason in our 5 min talk she was already excited lol
  • Yay! Let us know how the results are!!
  • Yay! Keep us updated woman! :)
  • Can't wait for tomorrow!! :) :)
  • Good luck!!!!!! :-D
  • Awww good luck!
  • I can't help but smile every time I see this :-)
  • Did u call the drs!?!?!
  • Any updates?!