PAINFUL LUMP N MY ARMPIT... ADVICE PLEASE(pic includ)

edited October 2011 in Health
Ladies about 2-3 days ago I found 2 lumps n my right armpit, at first thy we're jst red, n slightly surfaced, after some time a it had a tip, n wit the friction n my armpit it popped yellow pus came out n throughout yesterday I squeezed it n more pus would surface, n blood came out n there was a hole the other one jst got a tip n hasn't popped and is twice the size of the first, they r very very painful, I cannot do anythng wit out bein uncomfortable n idk wat it is.. I thought they we're ingrown hairs but I dnt see any hair, after googling I thnk thy can b boils yet idk I've never had this happen... (srry tmi) any advice how wat it can b, how to treat or ease the pain...

Comments

• I'm not sure... I had something like that, but mine was just an ingrown hair.
  • i get those all the time i believe.they are just ingrown hairs that are fine and blonde that you cant really see. i get mine the worst after i shave. i also get mine the worst in the tight folds of my arm pits. sometimes mine have hairs in them and sometimes mine dont have anything but pain and pus in them. i know sorry tmi its gross. how big are these lumps?
  • I get those too but I dnt knw what to do to stop them.....sorry.... I just bust them even though they hurt really bad I usually get them weeks after I shave
  • I had one last week so I just avoided deodorant on that pit for a few days and it went away.
  • when i shave my bikini area i use cortizone cream on it and it usually keeps my skin from breaking out in irritation bumps. so maybe that could help.
  • Sounds like boils to me
  • I had a boil, it hurts a lot & wen it bust puss & blood came out...u got to squeeze it till the head come out (I kno it hurt)
  • Sounds like a boil. Put a hot rag on it for a few minutes then squeeze all of the pus out
  • Check with doc could be losts of different things I had surgery because I had something that caused swelling under armpits it was horrid one are was cured the other not so much. I'm swollen now. And it could be milk as well. So just let your doc know so they can send labs in.
  • Yea sounds like boils my Hubby gets them all the time, best way to relieve then is take the insides if a potatoes & keep it on there over night next morning should pop. Feels better than going to the E.r because they will suture it painfully
  • yea sounds like a boil i get them sometimes there i just pop them and squeeze them untill nothing comes out but blood bc they come back then you pop it again and its gone what helps the swelling is ice
  • It sounds like a boil. At pharmacys Thers a cream called boil ease that wil help with the pain an wil dry it up. My sister has them all the time. Goodluck!
  • I had those all the time especially when i was pregnant, id also get them in my bikini line!! Ouch, & there were huge & disgusting so id end up putting a hott damp washcloth compress on & then pop em after...yuck!!
  • It could also be deodorant in a pore. I use to get that with stick deodorants. I have to use roll ons only. After I switched, never got one again. Happened more often after I would shave.
  • @everyone thanks so much ladies I'm goin to try everythng n thanks it seems like I'm not the only one, n there's finally an answer.... but wat should I use to clean it after it pops? Alcohol/ peroxcide thanks again so much
  • USe fresh aloe vera (savila) remove the skin to leave the gelatin part of it open and heat it up over the stove. Apply it to your skin as hot as you can handle and swelling will start to go down and will make it tender, then just squeeze out all the junk out of there.
  • I say go to dov because again I ended up needed surgery because boils are infections and I mean def do all the remedies but do think about doc if they come back. Antibiotics will help it go away and not spread because boils tend to do that. Are you nursing?
  • My sister gets boils on a regular basis, but nothing cures them for her (yet).

Try using a tea bag

http://www.bestboilstreatment.com/treat-boils-with-a-tea-bag.html
  • I would ask the doctor..i had found a lump while pregs and didn't have pus or blood but mine turned out to be fat deposits...
  • @fwee it OS about the size if a nickel Mayb a lil smaller...

@qweennique no I'm not nursing, but I'm def gna head to the dr today, I starrt workn on Monday n I knw wit this lump its goin to b painful so I want to get rid of it asap...
  • I get ingrown hairs that cause sore bumps when my razor is to dull. However they have never pussed, they just eventually go away!
  • Yup, That Looks Like A Boil. I Would Consider Doing The Potato Thing, Works Really Well. I Had To Do That To My Mom.
  • @supermom405 so it will pop on its own? Lol I knw I'm being a weenie, I jst had a bby 3mnths ago n that was more painful...
  • @gregorysmommy I can jst cut a potato in half as long as the fresh part is on the boil right?
  • edited October 2011
    oh weird bump
  • @lindah22 thnks I thnks it got a name to it... lol I'm hoping its jst a boil n will go away asap
  • Could also be staph infection, get it looked at. Because if its that in not a boil you don't want to pop it
  • Looks like a boil to me and iv had three in the past year and one in a very private place that left me unable to walk for a few days! The pain is awful and I was crying my eyes but hot water did help and when it popped the relief was amazing lol! Hope it gets better :)
  • Yes & Just Leave It There Overniqht.