anyone have a massive baby?

edited October 2011 in Babies Health
Hi, my baby was born on the 21 July weighing 7.6 lbs, he went down to 6.13 lbs after two weeks. Now he weighs 18 lbs exactly 12 weeks on! Hes exclusively breastfed so Im not over feeding but Im getting slightly worried now about his size and also hes not interested in toys just my boobs! Is this normal and have any of you ladies been through this?

Comments

• My son was 7 lbs 11oz at birth and a week later8 lbs. We haven't been back to the doc to be weighed but he's definitely over 10 lbs at 5 weeks so it looks like we are on the same track. He is also exclusively breastfed. My mother in law said both of her sons were big like this as babies. I can tell you my hubby is no where near obese so im not worried.
  • my son was 13 pounds at 7 weeks I think it is ok once they start crawling and walking the weight will go down
  • Thanks ladies its a relief to hear Im not the only one, I was just getting a little worried coz my boy has so many rolls and creases that even his wrist can get smelly coz there that deep! :)
  • My son weighed 9lb13oz at birth and at 2 weeks weighed 11lb10oz!