is it okay to take a bath?

edited October 2011 in Postpartum Health
Ill be three weeks postpartum on Saturday and I was wondering if it was ok to take a bath. I love baths here and there it feels so therapuetic to me. I know they say wait atleast the full 6 weeks but I feel great honestly I had a good delivery I only needed one stitch and an hour after giving birth I was walking around like nothing and now I'm not bleeding anymore I was wearing panty liners but now I don't need them at all.

Comments

• I took one and I'm fine so I say go for it.
  • @Yaya really? Well sounds good to me! I like quick showers but nice warm baths are sooo relaxing, I'm def going for it!
  • Yeah but I didn't tear or anything and had stopped bleeding so I took one and then had sex a week later lol. If you feel comfortable then do it. You know your body best.
  • @Yaya yeah I only needed one stitch which isn't sh*t lol esp since this is my first baby. I stopped bleeding like a week ago, ill probably hold off on sex for a little till I get back on birth control lolll
  • I didn't know we weren't supposed to take a bath I'm 5 days pp and ive had 3. Why can't we take a bath?
  • Yeah this is my first too. And I tried that but once hubby knew I wasn't bleeding he raped me lmao.
  • Possible infection
  • I wish my Dr would have said something. Thanks.
  • I took a bath 1week pp and I had a c section and I'm fine but I did use Epsom says in the water
  • My doctor told me to get in the bath and soak my area 3-4 rimes a day to help with healing. He said just stay in 5-10 mins though.
  • @Yaya @Samantha @steph_due_101611 yeah I didn't even know you weren't suppose to until I read it online somewhere but my docs never told me anything! Lol @yaya your bf raped you! I won't dare tell my boyfriend I've stopped bleeding I know he's dreading the six week wait!
  • I have had a bath every day since giving birth... Oops lol
  • My doctor said they were fine just no salts, or bubbles things like that. Oh to just makes sure the tub was cleaned first.
  • Over here they tell you take baths especially to pee in afterwards :/ maybe not put any thing in it just plain water
  • My doc encouraged me to sit in a hot bath about 5 times a day starting right after baby was born, I had stitches. I'm in the US.
  • I healed fast that way!
  • I was told to have baths too, I had stitches. I was also told to use water instead of wiping after going no1 lol
  • My nurses ran a hot bath for me while I was in the hospital :) which was so nice Cuz they had one of those huge whrilpool tubs :) and they told me to take a bath often it keeps you clean n helps you heal.
  • I was told to take baths also. Of course my son is 7, it could have changed. Anyway I'll probably take baths after noah comes too. I had over 12 stitches (he came out nose first) and my dr said baths will help them heal faster. I stoped bleeding in a week and a half & some of my stitches came out a few days later. Went to my ob when that happened & he said I was almost healed down there. Hoping for the same this time around!
  • I took a bath right after I delivered my 4th son and that was 19 months ago. And I also took a bath the minute I got home after I had my 5th son and that was 6months ago. You can take baths.
  • I think they mean sitz baths.. no soap? But make sure you bleach the tub first so you domt risk infection
  • I was told no bath until cleared. 6 weeks. I had a c-section and they want to make sure my incision is fully closed before I do.
  • Yeah I guess doing it to early can cause bacteria and infection.
    And yes! He raped me! Lol I wish I didn't tell him but I was so excited. Lol