Abortion. This pisses me off. No bashing!

Abortion commercial!! Seriously?!?! Ive seen this commercial a dozen times today and its really starting to piss me off! Im prochoice and to me talking about women killing over a million babies a year is just wrong. U dont see religion commercials saying "praise the lord!" (im atheist btw) I feel so bad for anyone who has made the choice to abort and have to see that commercial on a daily basis. Ugh!!! Theres no need for shit like this!

Comments

• I have never seen it. But wow that there is one!
  • Ya I have seen that damn comercial atleast a dozen times today. I was shocked whn I saw it the first time a few wks ago
  • Sucks to have to deal with murdering an innocent child to better ones own life. Maybe these commercials will open eyes. Save a few lives.
  • @wondrin227 I can see ur prolife. I'm prochoice. But still like I said before you don't see commercials preaching about the almighty god. Because its a personal choice as to what religion you follow and they have the common courtesy not to do so. So y should this commercial be any differnt and b seen as ok? Its a personal choice. And they don't know anyones reasons as to y they got an abortion. Its extremely bias and only talks about the innocentchild being killed. But what about the child that has been spared a life in poverty,abuse, or drugs?
  • Look if your going to try and defend murder your going to win. You could come up with millions of reasons that seem *reasonable* for killing a baby. But regardless murder is murder. I'm not here to argue with you. Just here to advise you that this is a pregnancy site. For people that have children. Who are trying to conceive. Who have lost children. And who are pregnant. Don't expect people to agree with you. As they air down and look at their beautiful child that maybe wasnt planned. I dont find this appropriate to put on here. It's rude and inconsiderate.
  • I don't think the no bashing thing is going to happen. But its not something I would want to see.
  • @wondrin227 ok first off I'm not saying its right or wrong. I'm just talkin about a commercial. I honestly don't think its right to put a commercial like that on public television. I think its extremely degrading to those who have made the decision to abort. Ur the one blowing it out of proportion! This is a simple debate as to whether u think this should be broadcasted on public television. Iveseen this commercial over a dozen times today and it pisses me off. Just like seeing a praise the lord comercial over a dozen times a day would piss me off. I think u need to chill out. And just because this is a pregnancy site doesn't mean abortion is banned. Many mothers have either thought about or made the decision themselves. Me included
  • I agree @jazzi89, I'm shocked they are alowed to make one because its the subject that's always swept under the rug!
  • @mschop there shouldn't be drama. Its ridiculous how ppl take one little thing and blow it way out o proportion. I have not been rude or mean. I'm just stating my opinion on this stupid commercial
  • That's fine but frankly I'm 38 weeks pregnant and don't want to see it! You should in the future put that your pro choice so I don't have to read the ignorant crap that you have to say.
  • @Hopes_Mommy ya I know! I was in utter disbelief when I saw it the fist time.and then just digusted when I saw it being aired every other commercial break
  • @wondrin227 I'm pretty sure I didn't force u to read this and I did state that I wasprochoice in my opening comment. And to say I'm ignorant is the pot calling the kettle black.
  • Oh and I have a two month old daughter so I don't see what being pregnant has anything to do with this
  • I'm in the uk, but I've never seen an advert for it over here! What was it- like trying to stop people having them?
  • edited October 2011
    Just one thought. Your 12yr old daughter was raped by your uncle and ended up pregnant. You think its right to make her suffer through 9 months of remembering daily what happened and then making her make the grown up decision to place the baby up for adoption? I'm very prochoice. Things happen.
  • @Hopes_Mummy yes it was a commercial of a fetus in the very early stages of pregnancy and a heartbeat monitor then a newborn and it went on and on about how women are killing over a million babies a year. It just pisses me off. Imagine the poor women who have madethat choice and then they have to see that stupid commercial on a daily basis.
  • I think it is a personal choice. The end.....
  • Ok once again I'm not asking if ur for or against abortion. I'm simply asking if u think this commercial is out of line
  • Wow @jazzi89 I'm sorry you were attacked it was truely uncalled for. I am a very much so a child of God. However I am prochoice too. I place no judgement on anyone and I hope nobody would on me. But I would hate to see a commercial going either way for it or against it. It should be very private and not broadcasted that's just like a commercial saying homosexuality us an abonmination which according to the bible the sexually immoral will be cast out of heaven however we don't know ones personal relationship with the Lord. I hope no one else mistakes your thread as somewhere to argue their beliefs with you.
  • I read it and it highly offended me. I will not comment again as you are right. I am taking this too far. I'm pregnant, emotional, and have had to watch my mother go through the pain of losing child after child and to see someone just throw that away bothers me. I apologize for commenting in the first place. Everyone has a right to their own opinion and if I posted something on here and someone bashed my opinion id be pissed. So I'm sorry. Please don't tag me any more as I have no interest in getting my Bp any higher. I tried to delete the comments but can not on my Fone.
  • I do think it's out of line. I personally haven't had to make the choice. But my bestie did when we were 12. I'd hate to have her see that all the time. It broke her then and did lots of theropy for it. I couldn't imagine her having to relive any of it!
  • @QweenNique its ok some ppl just blow things way out of proportion. And I agree. I find it very rude to play thi commercial.

@blessedbe_x3 yes I haven't had an abortion either. I almost made the choice with my daughter but once again only I know my reasons for thinking about that choice. I hurt for the women who have to be reminded by a stupid commercial that could've easily never been made. Its like these people are trying their hardest to make people feel horrible.
  • I'm in California and haven't seen the commercial but it sounds like its out of line. I also am prochoice and though I don't think abortion should be a form of birth control (I've known people who've had numerous just cause they're too lazy for bc or protection) there are things that "just happen" and honestly it can be a good thing for not only the fetus (having to grow up not loved or addicted to drugs,etc) but also for the parents (if they're in a bad situation, addict, birth defects, etc). I don't think it is murder though the fetus has a heart beat (unless it is able to survive outside of the womb) but either way before I keep rambling on I'm glad I haven't seen the commercal & hope they don't show it on the local channels here in Sacramento. I agree too that I would change the channel if it were advertising for holy rollers or for or against gays. People are people and no one is perfect!
  • Honestly I think it would be good for a person who was lazy themselves and just didn't use birth control and just had an abortion to make their life easier but I can see how badly it would hurt someone who made that decision and regrets it or was forced into it. It could cause more harm to those who made that mistake or had to so it is kinda out of line
  • I think controversial topics like that should be kept off tv since there are so many different opinions about it.
  • WOW!!! SMH ... I havent seen the commerical but if enough people rally up in your community and call the local stations they will stop airing it!!!
  • I'm in Canada and have not seen those commercials. That pisses me off too. I mean, I'm pro choice, and if the tables were turned, and there were commercials for pro choice, man oh man, heads would roll!!!!! I think its very easy for people to call it murder if they haven't seen some non perfect situations first hand. I know 3 women who've been raped and I almost was once. And I can't imagine getting pregnant in that situation.

IN MY OPINION.
  • edited October 2011
    I'm prochoice and I wouldn't want to see that type of commercial either. Just because I may not ever want/need/or have an abortion personally, doesn't give me the right to tell another woman that she can't. I also believe in God and gay rights, but I will not push my beliefs on someone else. There is no right or wrong to an opinion, that's the beauty of being an individual.
  • Maybe its just airing on digital cable. But ugh its awful. I dont understand how they can b ok airing that over n over. Grr