Baby acne?

edited October 2011 in Babies
Is there any way to get rid oif it? Out prevent it?

Comments

• Keep babys face clean & will go away by itself
  • @jenniiee I think its his face wipes and soap that does it to him, and lotion :/ ive tried everything from sensitive skin to soft skin to just plain water but I don't think just plain water cleans well enough :( I love his little face anyways but I think he is allergic or at least sensitive to everything
  • I switched my son to all fragrance free aveeno products and his skin is so much better.
  • @sunshinelove Just use water, my baby face cleared up but I also had to tell ppl when they hold her to put her blanket over their clothes because its germs also ppl touching baby hands then they put them in they face.
  • I was told that there is nothing that will make it.go.away bc its our hormones still in their bodies n they usually go away within a few weeks. My little munchkin just got em n I feel bad for her coz its all over her face
  • Breast milk on babys face will help clear it up.
  • @natashalynn lol! Breast milk.is just a cure all :D
  • Yup nothing u can do it goes away on its own :)
  • My babys doctor gave me an ointment for it and it cleared it up in two days
  • My boy had it bad and I thought it would never go away but it did by itself after two weeks bless him, :)
  • Haha it really is...I've used it on my own cuts and scrapes. Lol
  • yea my son gets it too put breast milk on it and ensure you wash your babies face daily
  • Thanks guys!! I smeared boob milk all over his face lol then washed it off after about an hour this morning. Its gotten worse since last night, Im sure it will go away soon. I just feel bad cuz its all over the place :( poor baby
  • My baby had terrible acne ...used my breast milk couple times and it all went away
  • How is his face doing now? My baby is starting to get it and I remembered you posted this so I wanted to see what worked for you.
  • @samantha, it cleared up right away, but I havent been doing it every day, so every day that I dont do it, he breaks out... his chin is real bad I think from him spitting up while he is in the car seat and not getting it cleaned up till I get from point a to point b but im not really sure. my kid is lactating tho so it also could be from the hormones Im pumping into him!! lol
  • but it does indeed work really well, you just have to keep it up religiously
  • Are you doing the breast milk on the acne? How are you doing btw ?
  • Hey i wonder if breast milk will cure our acne aswell. Anyone tried or heard of that
  • @Samantha I just squirt it on his face then rub it around with my nipple so I dont add dirt with my fingers! a little weird, but it works!!

@kritten_octoberbby actually, i bet it would!! it seems to heal everything
  • @sunshinelove my baby has had the baby acne for the past week, its gotten progressively worst. Now when you put the breastmilk on babys face do you wash it off right away or not at all.

• Everything I read says to wash the face with water only. That's all I've ever done and my baby doesn't get any acne. She did wake up once with a rash on her face from sleeping on the couch, and I rubbed a little breastmilk on it and it was gone in 10 mins!! Crazy!!
  • @kingsmom I leave it on for about an hour, then I wash it off with just water. I cant seem to get his chin to clear up tho :/ I think its from his spitting up tho