Epidural?

2»

Comments

• I've had a natural birth and one with epidural. I favor the epidural LOL.. I went half my16hr labor with no nothing then got my epidural was able to relax. When it came time to push I only pushed through 2 contractions and she was out! You feel pressure down there so you know when to push. I enjoyed my daughters birth (epi) more than my sons birth BC with him all I remember is the pain and yelling at the Dr then my son came out I looked at him the passed out BC I was so tired an labor with him was only 6hrs! Oh and my back is fine
  • With my 1st son I was 17 yrs old & had him all natural with 6.5 hours of labor (he weighed 7 lb 3 oz) with my 2nd son I had him at 19 (he also weighed 7 lb 3 oz) but I had back labor with him so I opted for an epidural. Weird thing is though they weighed the same the 4.5 labor I had with my 2nd son & epidural actually hurt worse than going all natural with my 1st. I'm due any day now with a girl & I'm 31 now so hopefully I can withstand the pain & try all natural again cause the epidural didn't do much for me 12 years ago anyway! We will see. My stomachs been hurting a little tonight but not sure if its the taco bell lol or maybe time to notice contractions or not. Lol. We will see!
  • @2ndbutfirst I heard that!!! Why suffer?? I had the epi n I loved it!!! Still no back pain. After 23that hours of labor I had to have c section too. I was closing instead of opening n my baby wasn't lowering/ coming down. When they cut me Dr said he wasn't gonna come out anyway, his umbellical cord (sp) was too too short n he was also facing up
  • darknesofnight4u
    Did y have your external version?
  • I was wanting to go natural but ended up getting the epi. I was in labor for 2 days and unable to rest. I was exhausted and thought it would allow me to rest before the baby came. I ended up getting it after they broke my water. I was dialated to a 6, it made things so much easier for me. The rest of my l&d experience was phenomenal. I definitely don't regret getting it. Do what works for you.
  • I got an epidural, after saying I was going to go natural, then I ended up needing a c-section. After my son was born I got a spinal headache and it lasted for 3 weeks!!! If I have another baby, I am doing a VBAC and I am going natural, or with minimal pain meds! I would rather have a 10lb baby naturally then have a headache like that again!
  • With my first son I had and epi and loved it. I didn't feel anything and had no problems pushing. With my second son I got one right after they broke my water. It worked for about an hour and after that it didn't really work. It was weird I couldn't really feel my legs but I could feel contractions mainly in my vagina. Weird I know. My nurse acted like she didn't believe me. But it was horrible. My son is 8 weeks old and my back still hurts where it was at.
  • I had and epi loved it was able to stand right after birth and I'm a whimp I was in so much pain I requested not to feel my legs lol didn't have to push long n I do not have back pains now I would do it over it made my labor pleasant and exciting n because I was able to talk n laugh n it seemed to go by fast but do whatever will make you happy...
  • I had my son on Wednesday and got an epidural, it was more painful then the contractions :( I cried! But I'm glad I got it I didn't feel anything after and I was in a much better mood! Also I was SO happy that I got it when they said I needed a few stitches and pulled out a needle! I was terrified until I remembered I had no feeling below my waist lol
  • edited November 2011
    I got the epi with my last baby and that was 7 years ago and my back is still hurting from it. Now that im pregnant again and due anytime im not getting the epi.. I was told water birth helps alot. So im going to try that and see?
  • i loved my epi, i felt nothing as it went in, it worked like a charm, i didn't have trouble pushing my son out, and thankfully it lasted a while bc i tore real bad and needed a lot of stitches. i had no spinal headache, and my back doesn't hurt. even if it did i probably wouldn't notice bc i have 2 herniations in my spine and that causes back pain anyways. my dr wouldn't allow me the epidural until i was 4cm dilated; i asked for IV meds bc it was unbearable for me (i was induced with pitocin), and the IV meds did not help one bit, just made me high and goofy. for the next kid, i hope i don't have to be induced and i'll try to go as long as possible before getting an epi if i need one cuz i want to feel what natural contractions are like. my friend was induced with pitocin with her 1st and had an epi; went natural with her 2nd and said what she felt on pitocin at 4cm is how she felt naturally at 8cm.
  • I went natural. I did have some demiral but that didn't even touch the pain. When I decided I wanted the epi it was to late. I would have to wait for the doctor to arrive. I didn't have time to wait. So then I asked for more meds I couldn't do that because it would lower the heartrate. In all it feel like you have to take massive poop. Pushing don't hurt that's relief. Its the contraction that hurt. My contraction were very irregular some were strong some I didn't even feel. After my water broke that's when the contraction really hurt.