how will i know..

edited November 2011 in Postpartum Health
If my stitches have dissolved? O.o I am 6 days pp and I have had no pain today so I wiped instead of patted and it didn't hurt! Not sure, someone help?

Comments

• I wondered the same thing...i jus had my BF check for me. It look like 3 hrs of convincing him tht hes already seen the worst of it, checkin for sum stitches aint nuthin. If this is not possible i suggest a cosmetic mirror? Good luck.
  • It usually takes 7-10days. Could be li Ger could be shorter. How many did you get? I know with my second pregnancy I healed very fast so it's possible :)
  • @blessedbe_x3 just 2 not bad at all sad the doctor.
  • They could have dissolved. Get a mirror and look. And your lucky btw I tore so bad I'm still sore 10 days later lol.
  • I had a labial tear with my son and the stitches were totally gone at 2 weeks when I checked, I just used a mirror
  • Mine bust you never really feel when they.are gone
  • @tinka1326 what do they look like? Lol sorry I just am really not sure ..
  • Mine were a really dark blue/black colour and I had 1 continual stitch rather than individual ones so it was pretty obvious. But even individual stitches should be easy to see or feel if you run you finger over the area.
  • edited November 2011
    I didn't get stitches I had that surgical glue. My cut never hurt but of course I still took care of myself. My baby is 2 months n my mom still doesn't let me pick my son up while in his car seat or no heavy lifting at all. It may heal outside but inside it still has to heal