Where does your newborn sleep?

edited November 2011 in Babies
My 11 day old baby sleeps on the bed with us. We had a little bed on our bed for her , but she was too squirmy. She likes to be real close to mommy. :) I just dont want it to become a habit for her. What are your newborns sleeping habits?

Comments

• My son has 2 bassinets and a crib & sleeps with me
  • During the day sleeps in her bassinet but at night she sleeps with me (: she sleeps better and longer with me lol
  • In the bed between us also. At first it was on her blanket on our bed (more for us to "feel" a boundary) now its just on the bed & we all 3 share the cover. Sometimes, she is on one of us to fall asleep & I often sleep with her on me, I just scoot to her spot in the middle. Itt is HARD to get her to even sleep 10 min in her bed. If you can, have her in her own bed as much as possible!

Since I just breastfeed, its a lot easier for her to be next to me.
  • http://www.target.com/p/Fisher-Price-Newborn-Rock-n-Play-Sleeper-Split-Rings/-/A-13270122

she sleeps n that..tried her bassinet and pack n play she wasnt feeling it..and part time sleeps w/us
  • Juliana slept with me till she was about 3 months now she is almost 6 months and sleeps in her pack n play next to my bed. Starting in January the plan is for her to be in her crib in her own room.
  • Bassinet next to me but occasionally in bed with me.
  • edited November 2011
    My dd sleeps in my arms or in her bouncy seat during the day and in her crib at night. We started that routine as soon as we came home from the hospital and did the same with our first child.
  • Sleeps in her swing during the day, and at night she has to be with me or she freaks out. I'm just going to let her be with me, we will break the habit later, she is only 6 days old.
  • I made the mistake of cosleeping with my son and it was hell to fix later on. She sleeps in her bouncer through the day and her pack n play at night. Occasionally in the mornings I will sleep with her in my bed for an hour but I try not to make it a habit. Im also terrified of her suffocating on our blankets and my partner would roll onto her without realising if she was between us.
  • My son sleeps in his pack n play bassinet at the foot of our bed.
  • He sleeps in bed with me, only bcuz Im a FTM and wanted to watch him breathe
  • Crib at night and swing, bouncer or pack n play during day. I sometimes take naps with him beside me but that's it. My sister has a 5 year old and still sleeps with her, im not trying to do all that. I know a girl her 11yr old still sleeps with her!!!
  • sleeps in her moses basket which is in her crib next to my bed she lies next to me when bf at night then back into her bed... my first slept with me a lot due to laziness lol 4years later she's still in my bed lol
  • I'm scared to have my little girl sleep w me I don't want to roll on her but ill be bf so I want her close
  • Nicholas is four months old and has been in his crib since day one. He naps (day time) in his swing or on his boppy on the couch. But in his crib everynight
  • Little miss mini fangs (Bella) sleeps in her moses basket everynight and loves it, shes 7 weeks now. I couldnt have her in with me im too scared as my niece died from co-sleeping last year I dont think its a bad thing but its just not for me :-)
  • Also I was in with my mum and dad after my sister died and I didnt leave their bed untill I was 8!!! Not somethin I wanted my hubby to be told the first time he met my parents lol
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • During the day Hope sleeps in my arms, in her Moses basket, in the chair, on the sofa basically where ever she wants lol the start of the night she's on her Moses basket then at about 4am she sleeps on me til daddy gets up at 6 then she steals his side of the bed!
  • My daughter sleeps in bassi then ends up in the middle of our bed. She isn't up under use I think she just likes our memory foam. And plus I am lazy putting her back in bassinet at night in between feedings. Once she sleeps longer through the night she will stay in there. I rarely hold her while she sleeps she gets that from her grammys enough so I don't do it.
  • wow lots of people co-sleep! I do too but I am afraid to have her in between us so she sleeps on my other side. I dont know what Im going to do when she starts moving around in her sleep, Im scared she will fall off the bed!
  • @navybabyonway was the transiition hard? How'd you go about doing it?
  • Wow, it is interesting how many people co-sleep. I'm glad I'm not the only one. Brealyn is just more content next to mommy. But during the day I'm going to start getting her used to her bassinet.
  • @caroline8_p it wasn't to bad, the hardest part was that she didn't like sleeping on her back so I just swaddled her everynight and make sure she is asleep before putting her in. The first few nights she woke up every few hours but after about a week she was fine.
  • Landon has slept in his crib in his room since night 1.
  • My baby girl sleep with me(jus us 2), I'm kinda lazy & paronoid, cuz I can easily reach over to feed, change, or check if she's breathing(I do this a lot). I don't kno wen I will put her in her pack n play or her crib...with my nephew he sleep with me since day 1 because he didn't like his bassinette & now he's 4 & still wants to sleep with me.
  • My baby sleeps with me too because I breast feed its easier and also I sleep better id hes next to me but Im a little worried as he gets older because my sister was twelve before she left my mums bed :(
  • My baby sleeps with me too because I breast feed its easier and also I sleep better id hes next to me but Im a little worried as he gets older because my sister was twelve before she left my mums bed :(
  • My son is 12 days old and is currently sleeping in the bed with me and hubby. Mainly because I Breastfeed, But then My baby doesn't like to sleep in his bassinet, he seems to only sleep well in between me and hubby!
  • Marlie sleeps in her bassi most of the time. She's slept with me and hubby only a couple of times.