Booked into hospital UPDATE at bottom

edited November 2011 in November 2011
Ok so we are there now and just about to be hooked up and monitored before they put in the first set of prostaglandin gels in. have got to say I am more than a little nervous right now and feel sick lol. Well update where possible.

@thehumancrockpot

Comments

• Good luck hope everything goes smoothly
  • Update
    Gels are in but her cervix is still closed so first dose is only likely to help with dilation. So is highly likely I will get sent home for the night. Just hope if ghat happens I can make it back in time if labour starts as she has quick labors and I may miss it.
  • Good luck to your wife!
  • my 2nd dose of gel worked perfectly so be on standby if you do go home.
    Good luck to you guys!
  • Yeah problem is I am 45 mins to hospital and last labor with our other son was 11 minutes. So if I get kicked out of hospital can just about guarantee I will miss the birth. Will probably end up sleeping in my car on the street lol.
  • They dont let u stay with ur wife? Good luck. I hope all goes smooth. Early congrats!
  • Good luck %%- and y can't u stay w her
  • They tend to try get the hubby to go home and get a decent sleep for the next day and depends if the midwife is a nazi bitch lol. They do second gels in the morning but my wifes last delivery was 11 minutes so I'm just a bit worried and sure I am going to just shatter into tears if I have to go home.
  • If I where u I'd refuse u have the right to be there too id be pissed if they made my hubbie go home
  • I agree with darknes. I'd be upset if they made my hubby leave. Can your wife request you stay? Or is there a hotel close to the hospital you could stay at?
  • please they wont be able to pry my hubby to go to the bathroom but this is our first i would problly get a room close to the hotel or sleep in the car lol
  • Well I went home after throwing many stompies that even my daughter would have been proud of and what do you know I didn't sleep at all lol. So here I am at 522am about to head back to the hospital now and surely spend the entire day sat waiting lol.
  • @5lilangels
    Second dose of gels went in 50 minutes ago with some strong contractions after but not dilated at all yet. Wouldn't be so bad but have no one to have the kids tonight or tomorrow so I am pretty well fucked.
  • Someone please bloody shoot me. I have had enough already. 18 hours of not much. Hopefully the second gels this morning which have resulted in some good irregular contractions do something. I'm not sure how much longer o can last with 30 mins sleep in 2 days.
  • Oh man. I hope things speed up for you guys!
  • @1stWoodsBaby
    Well something has to give as I have no one to look after the kids tonight or my son during the day tomorrow. I have gone out off the room at the moment cos I just totally broke down. I am so far past stressed out, I just need to be able to know something is happening.
  • @4cm and waters broke. Looks like be here soon.
    @thehumancrockpot
  • Hooray! Good luck both of you!
  • Good luck. Crossing my fingers the rest goes smoothly and quickly
  • Awesome. Keep us updated!
  • Yay! Keep us updated
  • Good luck. Hope you are there now and your baby girl is here. :)