x

edited June 2012 in Giving birth
x

Comments

• When I gave birth to my son they wouldn't allow me to record the birth but the second he came out we could start recording...so the video camera was on the second they layer him down on me.
  • I didn't want to see any of that, lol, but at my hospital they have a mirror they'll put down there so you can see if you want.
  • I'm in the UK and my oldest daughter videod most of the birth. We didn't ask them, we just did it lol. Good luck x
  • Thats a good idea @cheryl74 maybe instead of using a video camera where its way noticable, just use your camera.... Most have the video option...or atleast mine does!
  • My friend just gave birth almost three weeks ago, she was able to record it.... She recorded her first child five years ago as well. We are in orange county California...I don't know if location makes a difference. She used a regular camara both times, not a big video camara.
  • I recorded my sons birth. With a little flip video camera. I hope I can do it with my daughter but I have a different dr. So hopefully she doesn't mind :)
  • If they dont allow it, its because if something goes wrong you then have video footage and if its their fault they have no leg to stand on.
    I touched both my kids when they were crowning and got to pull my daughter out when she was out past her shoulders
  • Yea I wish I can tape ours but ima need a c section probably that I don't want to see lol
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • At the hospital I'm giving.birth at they told me.we could but if.the nurse o doc ask too turn it off we have.too that's basically it sooo we can.take piks nd video tape...but I wouldn't want no one recording my va jay jay nooo way I want them too just record When I'm in The process nd when.she comes out but that's basically it.
  • I not sure if the hospital here in Sacramento will allow it but I'm not going to ask either I'm just going to do it! Both my sons want to be in thedelivery room & my oldest wants to cut her umbilical cord! I'm just hoping for a good l&d nurse cause they're who I'll see more than the actual doctor!
  • edited November 2011
    @cheryl74 I wonder if I shouldn't ask and just do it also! Lol

@blessedbe_x3 & @smcox that's a good idea! Though my regular snapshot camera can record its microphone has been broken...all u hear is static :(

@darknesofknight4u my cousin has her c section on video :)

@everyone else lol thanks for ur replies I guess it depends on the hospital. I'm giving birth at kaiser permanente I wonder if its allowed there...i kinda wanna ask just to be sure but I don't wanna get told no LOL
  • @melodya yeah that's what I am thinking...just doing it without asking but I don't wanna be upset that I had to turn it off in there!
  • I didn't have mine taped but they didn't say I couldn't..at a different hospital when i was in the room when my sis in law gave birth they told us we couldn't record but I did on my camera anyways and they didn't know.. I just acted like I was holding it up about to take a picture :)
  • My mom recorded mine but from behind me so I didn't see anything thank god lol
  • Mine was recorded sadly. Lol
  • My hubby did.. i just gave birth mon
  • Im in Sacramento and they said no but maybe it depends on the hospital
  • Omg. When my sister was 15 and having her 1st son my dad was all up in her crotch with the camera trying to record the birth of his first grandchild. But he was sick with terminal brain cancer and forgot to hit record, or so he says.
  • We recorded all of mine minus my last one which was emergency csection. A lot of the reasons they dont like it is bc If they screw up you havethe proof lol benefit for you but that's most of the reason why.
  • I recorded mine but then again it was so fast that the dr wasnt even there for delivery. when i said she was coming (didnt push at all) my hubby grabbed camera by the time he turned back around she was out. He got the cord cutting and placenta coming out. lol.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @mommy2b123 thats a good idea...but my recorder on my camera is broken. it records but it has a static sound the whole time. i guess i can borrow my moms if anything lol

@MommyLovesSparkle i want my recorded from the front view! lol

@YAYA LOL why sadly...its a beautiful thing hehehe :X

@mommy2b1111 did u all ask or just did it?

@Steph_Due_101611 lol doh! was she happy it wasn't recorded?

@momofSOONtobe7 and @TricesBaby yeah i figured thats why they wouldn't want it recorded. i hope i am able to get mines on video.

@Rosiepie lol i know what u mean...i can see that happening to me because my son came out soo fast too. the doctors weren't ready and the pushing clock didn't even get to start
  • She didn't want my dad between her legs with the camera but apparently he forgot too hit record but recording was allowed at our hospital. My bd recorded in the OR when i had my c section but not of me getting cut open. Just my babygirl when she came out.
  • I'm too scared to see how that looks Lol