changing diaper

edited November 2011 in Babies Health
If my daughter very obviously craps her diaper while shes sleeping but doesnt wake up should i:
A. Wake her up n change her?
Or
B. Wait til she wakes up to change her?

Comments

• Change her but don't try to wake her. My son will sleep through a diaper change if I'm sneaky enough. :)
  • Keep the lights dim change her and pat her back to sleep
  • I wait til she wakes. I just use A&D at every diaper change to protect the skin.
  • I would change her, just because the risk of diaper rash is higher the longer shes in the dirty diaper. Luckily, they grow out of that. My son pretty much only pees through the night now, and I just leave it til morning.
  • I would change her because they can get an infection easily and then your going to be up with her all the time because she will be in pain and uncomfortable.
  • I try to change her while shes sleepin but she always wakes up n then takes forever to get her back to sleep! Would it make me a bad mom per say if i jus waited til she woke up? @aydonsmommy & @preggointx
  • No, it doesnt make you a bad mom. Malia is the same, she wakes up. But she rarely poops while she sleeps now.
  • No hon, not at all she's just a light sleeper. I don't blame you for not wanting to wake her, hell if I've been fighting to get Aydon down and then have that CRAP moment where I realize I forgot to change his diaper ill let him sleep. But if he's out OUT I change him cuz he don't wake up once he's out.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I leave my daughter if I know she will be up soon for a feed anyway, but if its at the beginning of a sleep I change her. I use cream to help avoid a rash and so far soso good
  • edited November 2011
    I always change my daughter's diaper at every feeding. I wake her up once per night to feed her (she's four weeks). I find it's easier that way since I'm waking her up to feed her anyway.
    Plus, feces are acidic and literally burn away the skin (hence, why diaper rashes occur). Personally, I'd rather spare her the discomfort. That's just my take.
  • I did end up changin her n good thing cus she has diarrhea :( my poor baby. But thankfully she slept right thru it. Unfortunately she still ended up w a lil red butt. I jus put sum butt paste on it n this mornin wen i changed her it was gone. Thanks everyone for ur comments! :-h @captinmorgaine @jules @carolinei_p @ashleyfew @tinka1326 @heibes
  • Well good thing it went away :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.