mommies that have had their babies

edited November 2011 in Pregnant
After getting your babies home what items did you find yourself needing to run out to get or sending daddy to go get them. Maybe items people wouldn't really think of until you need them. Trying to get everything I need so we wont have to go out in the cold or snow! At least not for one or two little items :)

Comments

• Premie clothes. My baby weighed 6.14 and was 18.5 inches long. Newborn clothes didn't fit her.
  • Clothes, we were told she was gonna be huge and she's a month and still in newborns. Gas drops, we had to run and get baby wash clothes
  • Clothes. Mine is small like @1stwoodsbaby but she's 20in and is too long for premie clothes, so we got safety pins for her newborn clothes.
  • Newborn clothes all I had was 0-3 and they drown her she just started wearing them and shes 2 months now she was 6.14 and 19 in
  • She'll be a month next Saturday.. weighs 7lbs 8oz and newborn clothes still don't fit her.
  • edited November 2011
    Oh and hair bows and flowers
  • 1stWoodsBaby Aww my lil gurl was the same as urs yea except only 18 inches newborn swallowed her !.

@Kat1223 gas drops for sure o an mittens an more hats
  • Newborn clothes, more 4oz bottles & liners (using playtex drop ins) , lots and lots of butt paste and vaseline , that's about it :)
  • Gas drops, pump..... Didnt think I needed one lol
    Saline nose drops
  • Breast pads washable ones are best
  • infacol, abidec, cod liver oil if u want and oh lotsa baby wipes and baby bath
  • A bottle warmer because my milk supply is low so I had to also get formula. Gas drops, different type of bottles because he's a gassy baby so we switched to playtex drop-ins.
  • Pads for urself. Colic calm and newborn clothes and plenty of burp blankets
  • Preemie clothes and preemie diapers. Slow flow nipples, nipple shield (baby didn't like toblatch), and a formula holder for the diaper bag (we had to go out everyday for the first few days she was home so I needed that quick)
  • Extra pads, mittens, socks, receiving blankets, burping cloths.
  • Gel pads for my sore boobies. Freezer milk bags. Bottle drying rack. I think that was it.
  • Bottle sterilizer, breast pump, those mitts so they dont scratch their face, vasoline, play mat for the floor, breast pads, oh and new born diapers I only had size ones because people told me babies didn't stay in new born long, and my son was 8.3lbs 21.5 inches long but skinny.
  • Cabbage for the boobies. Not clothes lol. Gripe water. Pedatyle for me (antibotics made me sick) uhhhi think that was it
  • Newborn clothes! I had some but about 5 days worth. Everyone insisted she would grow out of them in a week. Its been 13 days and she's still fitting perfect in them!
  • Milocon gas drops,nursery water,vaseline to put on my babys bottom
  • Thanks everyone this is very helpful! Keep them coming
  • Nipple cream... Got sore and cracked very quickly.
  • dreft spot treatment for her clothes and a mirror for the back seat of the car.
  • My pedi said not to use gas drops til 3 months. For gas we were told 2oz chamomile tea in 2oz formula or breastmilk. Obviously the newborn won't be eating 4oz but any bit s/he takes in I assume would help. It helps my son. And if you're formula feeding the nursery water should be fluoride-free. Otherwise we needed more 4x4 gauze pads and surgilube for his penis, side snap onesies..in fact LOTS of onesies in general, lots of rectangular (not square) receiving blankets they're easier to use in swaddling...also the round formula travel storage container I found to be useless bc it didn't fit well in my bag at all, but similac sells travel "on-the-go" packs of powdered formula they're 4oz but that's how it comes. Very useful IMO. A cold weather "boot" for the infant carrier. Socks!
  • Ad ointment for circ and gripe water
  • Desitin, nursery water and more pads for me. EXTRA large pads lol
  • Bottle drying rack, mittens, hats.
  • Extra sheets, calming music, coat, pacifier, bottle warmer for pumped milk, mirror for backseat, diapers because they use way more than I thought possible
  • More breast pads and more nipple cream! Can never have enough!