help hair dye advice

edited November 2011 in Just for Fun
K so I have dark hair and I dyed it red months ago then dyed it a very dark brown and left it. Well I got light brown dye last night cause I knew it would make it a pretty brown. Well my roots are almost blonde and the rest is a very dark auburn. I sorta want to go a very dirty blonde to a light brown. Lol never been blonde but what the heck might as well try it. So should I strip the color or there's a dye I like that lifts and dyes at the same time. I really don't want to fry my hair

Comments

• I would have it professionally done. That's a lot of processing. :L
  • Oops, the frowny face isn't supposed to be there
  • Yeah, I agree with @brandalou I would go see a professional at this point.
  • edited November 2011
    You have to strip it or bleach it. Color doesn't lift color only bleach does. That's why only your roots are lighter, because it was virgin hair. As a hairstylist, I'd recommend going to a salon.
  • Im a hairstylist too and will have to agree with @starrxoxo9. Color wont lift color, only bleach. Leave it to the professionals...hair can only take so much unless you plan on cutting it all.
  • I'm a cosmetologist too, go see a professional! Color on top of color only darkens.
  • edited November 2011
    So to a salon. Ur hormones are still crazy too and can also make the color turn out funny.
  • No money for a salon. I used it before and it lightened it to a pretty light brown. It's a fierra color
  • if you dont have money to go to a salon get a shade darker then what you orginally used and put that on your roots only. do not put on rest of hair. then wait 6-8 weeks and then try to make it lighter again by using a lightening kit (bleach) on everything but the roots and only leave on half the time then cover with the color you want. fyi this may fry your hair. but its your best opinon unless you go to a salon. im also a hairstylist too but used box dye for years before i went to school.
  • Thank you everyone