anyone NOT on birth control

edited November 2011 in Postpartum Health
I'm 7weeks post partum & I chose not to be on birth control at my 6week check-up. Anyone else decide the same thing?

Comments

• My 6 week check up is this Friday. I will not be going on a bc. Hubby and I will just go back to condoms. They worked for 5 years and Isaac was planned. They work just as well as any bc if used properly.
  • Omg @bettymomma I'd get another opinion on that it first make them gay that's bs
  • @August22baby wow how many weeks pp are you? I'm already thinking of having another one also! ;)
  • That's like saying that spending all that time on utero in a body FULL of estrogen, makes people gay. I call BS on that claim.
  • @August22baby I want a sibling for my son also, at first I wanted 1kid,,but now I don't want him to be an only child & if I'm gonna have another I want them to be close in age. But my OB wants me wait atleast a year, I had a c-section & she says my body needs time to heal from it :(
  • @august22baby they said he had a higher chance of being gay?
  • I am kinda amazed at this doctor...

But that was not the point of the thread so I will move on. I am not doing birthcontrol either. I want my LOs to be close together in age. My brother and I were 1 year apart and we are really close, and I want that for my own kids. Plus it took me so long to get pregnant this time that I dont want to wait any longer!
  • I haven't decided yet. I go back Wednesday and I just don't know. I don't want another baby and I got pregnant within 30 days so I'm afraid to not use it but I bled for a whole month when I first started taking it that's why I stopped it.
  • Huh...I guess it comes down to what you believe in. I will say, as a sister of a proud lesbian, that I am a bit offended, but I appreciate your apology, & respect your right to your opinion.
  • My daughter is almost 6months and I'm not on any. I have my yearly appointment on Friday so ill probably go on the pill then. Hubby deployed 2weeks after I gave birth so there was no need for it. I really wanted to try for another baby when he gets home in feb but he is getting out of the military next year so we need to wait now.
  • @my 2 week appointment she gave me a prescription for bc but I haven't started taking it cause I don't want it to effect my breastfeeding cause u know it can lower ur milk supply even though she gave new the one that's not suppose to but I just want to be safe
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • We'll just be using condoms. Birth Control makes me more mental than I already am.
    We tried having sex last night but couldn't follow through it was so painful to me. :/ My six week check up is on Thursday so I guess I'll see what the doctor says then.
  • i think thats bs about the gay thing. but honestly who cares if they decide to choose the same sex and long as there healthy and happy. :)
  • Had my 6w check up today and chose not to get it. We have been together 5 years and always used the pull out method until we got married a year ago, then we tried for our son. My husband says he wants more kids and pretty close together, so we will continue what we have always done!
  • Never used birth control and I choose to still not get on it
  • No bc here! Will be using condoms and pull out method lol.. si far so good 10weeks pp and on my 2nd period :) we'll be having another as soon as this one's potty trained
  • i am not able to take bc because of my migraines and unable to get the iud as i have history of an ectopic..... :/ i really do not need anymore babies as the economy is so horrible but i delivered at a catholic hospital, thus meaning no ligation!
  • My lil girl is 7wks and we are trying for#2 already. We decided having 2 close together is good. Then we will wait a few yrs for the 3rd.
  • I have bad reactions to it so we just use condoms
  • Ive decided to use condoms.. but im ony 1wk postpartum.. lol
  • I got bc at my 6 wk apt but havent filled it yet and not going to be. My partner and I are already talking about having another one so it wouldn't make sense to start it just to get off it again.
  • I'm 8 Weeks PP & I Also Want Another One, I Got The Shot At 2 Weeks & I'm Not Gonna Get it Again. I Don't Want Any Birthcontrol To Mess Up My Cycle Either So None For Me.
  • I said no to it too if God decides its my turn again I'm down
  • Ditto with @ashleyfew afterwards, or furher into bfing (5-6+ mo) I'll go again and get on the ring maybe, or that thing they stick in your arm.