ladies, help. please. im scared.

edited November 2011 in Pregnant
So as most of you know i was in the hospital for preterm labor. Yesterday was pretty uneventful not a lot of contractions. I got to come home last night. I woke up this morning and went pee. When i wiped there was a streek of blood in the discharge. What is this? Please help.

Comments

• Sounds like your mucous plug, if it was kinda gooey too. But you can always call your Dr to confirm.
  • It could be from being checked. Cervical exams can make you bleed a bit.
  • Yes it was gooey. And there was quite a bit. And the last time i was checked was yesterday morning before 9am. I didn't have any spotting the whole time i was there.
    Ifit was my mucous plug does that mean i have dialated more? Im kinda freaking out.
  • Yes, just now. I went pee. And there was a much bigger glob and more blood in it. I started getting light/mild cramps and so far have had one noticeable contraction. @kristaf22
  • The 1st time was mainly mucous with a streak of blood. The 2nd time was a big glob about the size of a nickel and it was mostly blood. And the tissue was covered in blood. Ive never had preterm labor (before Tuesday) and i have never had bloody show or lost my plug. I am totally lost about what is going on and im scared. I know at 28 weeks she was 2lbs i think 9 oz. I just want her to be ok. I want to cry right now.
  • Did u call Dr ?
  • Waiting for them to call back now. @mrz_jackson2anpreggo
  • @mrz_jackson2anpreggo they claiming its from being checked. But i guarantee it wasn't. This is my 3rd child. I have never bled after being checked. And this wasn't a little bit of blood. This wasn't from being checked. But they don't agree. They said stay in bed all day except for going to the bathroom. Ugh im frustrated.
  • I hate my dam dr. Even after the dam pill i have had 2 contractions. I have had cramps and contractions sense the blood. Im am so done. I can't take it anymore. Im not ready. I don't have everything for her. I don't even have a bag tp my stuff in, i don't have clothes to come home in. I don't have a diaper bag. I don't have clothes that would even fit her if she does come early. I just can't take it anymore.
  • I wouldn't think it was from being checked either atleast not wit it bein that much.
  • @mrz_jackson2anpreggo that's what im saying. I could understand if it was a little bit. But this was not a little bit, it was a lot.
  • Ugh I hate drs sumtimes they always try to put everythang off on sumthn else !! R ur contractons gone ?
  • @mrz_jackson2anpreggo no, they haven't stopped. They aren't regular but they aren't gone. Yes, drs are stupid. I hate them. I wish they would take me seriously.
  • I had something similar at 35 weeks.. Had sex and bled alot after, filled a couple pads in half an hour. Got checked at hospital was having mild contractions irregularly. It was determined to be my bloody show and not just irritated cervix. Spent the night in hospital being monitored and everything settled down.... Stubborn girl then gave me contractions for 6 weeks, going a full week overdue before she came. So have faith that things will settle down and be fine xox
  • @kristaf22 the contractions aren't regular or getting worse. But they aren't gone. They said to call if i have 6 painful contractions in an hour to go in. Or if my water breaks.
  • What pill did they give you and what dose??pre term labor is scary trust me I know but the only thing you can do is relax, try not to stress about it, take deep breathes do something forv you..read, write, anything. It will all be okay!
  • I bled really bad whenever I got checked... even had to put a pad on once.

Hope everything is ok hon.
  • @garagebandfan the pills are called nifedipine and they are 20mg. I have to take 1 every 6 hours. They also gave me 5mg loratab to take whenever needed. Should i take one and see if it helps the contractions?
    @kristaf22 i am writing down every cramp and contraction i feel.
  • I never had a loratab but if they told you to take it for contractions then I would be ..also what helped me was to stop looking at my phone/ the time...it helped keep my mind off the contractions.

You will be okay mama!
  • If they haver you the ok to take ever pill do it because if anything it will make you feel beret knowing that your doing something to hopefully help ya know. Other then that try and relax like they said and don't stress that never helps although I know ours hard :(... I will continue praying for you and the baby. Let me know if there is anymore change and if later on it just keeps getting worst.
  • Thanks ladies. I just took a little nap. Contractions are still around but irregular. My dr appointment is tomorrow at 11. Do you think they will check me? Im just worried my dr will blow everything off. He really upsets me. Even at the hospital when he seen me he didn't show much concern. I swear he is stupid.
  • I know its hard, because your curious and scared and want to know if you've progressed, but sometimes checking a cervix can cause irritation and cause it to thin and dilate even more. It was so hard for me to refuse those checks but I really think its what helped me get as far as I did!
  • I doubt he will check again. But im just curious if i dialated more cuz of the discharge i had. Ever sense i haven't had any. It just makes me nervous. I am trying to put my mind at ease and tell myself she will be ok. Thank you so much ladies. Your are a big help and support. I will just be taking it as easy as i can for a few more weeks.
  • I sure hope they check u it seems word if they don't since your on medicine to help with contractions that are making you progress
  • He did check, cuz he was a little concerned about the blood. Ikr, he was actually concerned. Lol. But i haven't made progress yet. Thank goodness. I have to go every week now so we can monitor me a little closer. I only have to be on bed rest for about a week or two. So that's good. We will just see how long she stays in. Lol. Hopefully a couple more weeks so she will be healthy. @jules
  • Well to hear that he checked. I go in weekly as well and this week it was picking up the regular contractions but my doc want worried and said starting next week I'll be checked ever week for progress. But I want her to stay in two more weeks that way she gets to 37 :) and hopefully that will be healthy. How far are you now?
  • @jules he didn't say anything about cervical checks so im not sure if he will be doing them every week. And didn't say he would monitor. So im not sure what we will be doing lol. I am 33 weeks today. And while i was in the hospital they gave me the steroids for her lungs so the dr said i only really needed a couple more weeks and she should be ok. But of course, the longer the better. Do you know if you are dialated any?
  • My first was born at 34 weeks without shots and spent 10days in the nicu, my second was born at 35weeks with the shots and came home with me.

How fat dilated are you?