Clomid

edited November 2011 in Trying to conceive
Are you able to just tell your doc you want Clomid or do they have to do tests first?

Comments

• U can just ask if u kno the reason y ur not getting pregnant
  • If u can... ask! I'm surprised they haven't asked after trying for 3 yrs!
  • Ok I will try and ask today and see what he says. Thanks you two for the input.

@mrsrocketfield1221
    @Mrsthompson34
  • @casella how long how u been trying? & do u knoe the reason y ur not getting pregnant? Have he been checked for his sperm count?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Yes u can..clomid is great I used it and followin month I was pregnant..i also did the injections ..try clomid first if no success tell dr to also give u the injection kit
  • @mrsthompson34

Well right now my cycles are acting up the last few have been 70 plus days. I have been charting temps since Sep 25th and it dosent look like I ovulate. Which may explain why I keep having to take provera to make my periods start the last I think 3 cycles.My husband had a semen analysis done on tuesday this week. We are just waiting on the results. We have been ttc it will be 3 years in January. I am 21 he is 24.
  • edited November 2011
    I called my doc they think they will let me take clomid. They are just going to wait on the results from the semen analysis and I have to fax them my bbt charts. Then doc will decide for sure.
  • edited November 2011
    @2beforgotten clomid tells ur brain that ur not making estrogen so it floods ur system with estrogen to make u ovulate. Not sure if it would work for low progesterone..but it doesn't hurt to try. I had low estrogen and my Dr didn't think clomid would work for me bc my body was barely making any in the first place but it worked after 3 rounds. But I did have low progesterone during my first trimester and I had to take progesterone suppositories twice a day...don't know if that is an option or not.
  • Ohh I see, I tried for five yrs & finally I just had my babygirl this sept :) do u use ovulation kit?? I tracked my ovulation days with the kit & I took 4 cycles of clomid n metformin n it worked for us. But before ovulation day u n ur hubby should hold off on sex for four to five days then have sex on the fertile days it gives u a greater chance.... Good luck. I had my hubby do a semen analysis too. Lol it wasnt him...
  • @Mrsthompson34

I have used ovulation kits it told me the first time which was like 6 months ago but now I never get a smiley face saying I am ovulating. Thank you so much for your input.
  • I also used clomid and got preggo the first month I had to take provera, metformin 1500mg, and prenatals also but it worked I don't ovulate either unless I use the clomid I have pcos badly I only have maybe 2 periods a year have they checked u for pcos?
  • Who r u seeing? I know a way good clinic that is helping my sister get preggo they helped me and one of my good friends too. :)
  • @momof22be

They have not checked me for pcos. I am seeing Dr. Jarret at south valley womens health.
  • Well they should have done all those tests on u in the first place u should go to rocky mountain womens health its in layton in the offices connected to the Davis hospital but I personally wouldn't let them see me my whole pregnancy they r just good for helping conceive I would go to Dr.Boheen or Dr. Hurst Boheen is a lady and she delivered both my kids burst is an old man but he is so nice and personable I love Dr. Boheen shes awesome!!!! They both are!!!!
  • We ttc for over a year, finally I went to a fertility Dr been seeing him for a year now. My pediods have never ever been regular! I started taking metformin & other meds, I have been on megestrol , provera, prometrium, and these all have me no results' About 3mo. ago they put me on provera again & my period started as planned, then on day 3 I started clomid (I've taken several rounds in the past yr but this time was different. ) This time when I had my blood drawn the test came back that I had ovulated!!!! I am currently not pregnant but this will be round 4 in a row, I start clomid Saturday. According to my Dr this is the first time I have ever ovulated! Even though I always thought I was & had symptoms I wasn't really :-( but now I am. Just remember every single persons body works differently so hopefully you've got a great Dr & just be patient & all will work out. We've been ttc for over 2 yrs & my body is finally stating to work correctly! Good luck hun & focus being healthy. Trust me I know its hard but if you stress about getting prego then your body will do the opposite , it works weird that way, just stay positive!
  • I would suggest a fertility monitor if you never get a smiley face.. The difference is its a small computer that tracks your levels by day so even the slightest raise in your levels triggers the moniter to tell you what your level is at. I use it and everytime I used clomid I ovulated not always sooner but I did.... Also I used progesterone the bad thing with that is it can make your period late so you might think you are pregnant but you aren't. Hope I helped
  • clomid tricks your body into thinking that you are not producing estrogen so your body compensates by producing more and that stimulates ovulation ;) a day after I finish my clomid the fertility moniter goes to level 2 and level 3 is ovulation
  • Thank you so much ladies for your advice and comments. I truley do apreciate you all. Sorry for not responding for a few days I had the flu. I am starting provera today and then I am just waiting to hear back from my doc on if I can do clomid.
  • So as of today I have an appointment with my doc on monday. We will be talking about fertility pills. My husbands semen analysis came back normal.
  • Good luck let me know how it goes
  • @momof22be

My doc wrote my perscription for clomid. I am excited but nervous at the same time. I am still finishing my provera 2 more days left.
  • Yay! I hope it works Hun do u usually finish all of your provera before u get af?
  • @momof22be

Yep finish it all and then wait usually 3days and af comes.
  • Yay!!!! Good luck Hun please keep me updated