i feel like a bad mom

edited November 2011 in Pregnant
Today I had to give My Baby girl to My dad and walk away She was nonstop crying for 2 hours and is still going I couldn't handle It, I feel like a bad mom

Comments

• It's ok! Everyone has to do it! It's better for you and baby to hand them over and walk away. You are not a bad mommy....otherwise I'm a horrible one! Lol!
  • Awe sometimes babies just cry & cry for no reason at all. My friends baby cried all day for over 3 hrs & her eyes was all red & poofy. It was aweful, her mom fed her, changed her, rock her, did everything u can think of and she was still crying at the top of her lungs. I hope it gets better for u.
  • @squrit299, you are not a bad mom, you are great mom who recognized that you needed a break.
  • I Just feel So bad Because she's still crying eee what do I do???? I fed her changed her swaddled her did a bath she's still crying I feel so horrible
  • Don't feel bad. I give her to my madre padre and sister whenever they're around lol...It's okay to need a break.
  • Have you tried turning on the faucet or hair dryer?, also I havr heard of taking babies to the chiropractor. You may not be able to do that now though. Does she do it every night at the same time? What about a car ride?
  • Yes she cry like this same time every night idk why, and I don't have the carseat bottom my boyfriend has it at work what will the chiropractor do?
  • It will relax them, I am not sure if you had a c section or reg birth but sometimes babies babies are stressed. My ftiend took her baby and it helped tremendously. Did you try the faucet or hair dryer. Sorry if I dont respond but I havr to go to sleep now. I get up at 5am.
  • Have u tried gas drops or gripe water my lil gurl does that at bedtime an I give her sum gas drops an it soothes her pretty good .
  • I had a regular birth And yea she cried more and That's Okay
  • Sounds like the 'witching hour'. She will grow out of it but in the meantime do ur best to stay calm-giving her to someone else to hold is the best thing u can do. Going for a car ride will probably help--if u dont have the carseat base u can still strap it in using te seatbelt. Good luck and dont doubt urself!
  • Oh and if ur bf put her to nurse...even if shes not eating she may calm down..my son does.
  • Girl! There's been plenty of times that when my hubby gets home I hand my daughter over to him and lock myself in the bathroom and cry. . Its very stressful so walking away is best for you and baby
  • You dont need the carseat base to put the carseat in the car.
  • I always figured it was better to put my child down or give them to someone else for a few mins and walk away rather than do what I really want at that moment like smother them with a pillow lol a calm mum helps make a calm baby so better to take a few minutes to take care of you so you can try again with a cool head.
    My son had a witching hour in the evenings too and he grew out of it. Walking him around the house and talking to him soothingly about whatever popped into my head always helped. I would also try some wind drops or gripe water. If you dont have that right now try giving a tiny bit of warm water. Sometimes if their tummy is upset the warmth is soothing and will help ease pain and shift wind
  • Hey I do it all the time, and its ok. Sometimes u need a break before u go insane. U gotta just step away sometimes.
  • @tinka1326 couldn't have said it better myself. Very well said :)
  • You did the right thing so don't feel bad taking a much needed break. Try reading the happiest baby on the block. It really helped me calm Dylan during those crying fits using the 5 S's ( swaddle, lay them on side/stomach (don't leave them that way too sleep), make a shushing noise, swing them in your arms, give um something to suck). The trick is to do all 5 at once in that order. The book goes into more detail with the how and why.
  • @mom2be when will she grow out of it? yes im bf but she wont when she is all fussy and wont clam down the only thing i can do is let her cry and then she will fall asleep hopfully.

@lily_glz its just really hard because im doing it alone... no hubby or bd i have a boyfriend but idk i dont ask him to do anything...

@2ndbutfirst lol yes i feel like doing that myself!

@tinka1326 smothering with a pellow i felt like that last night she wouldnt stop crying i have no idea why maybe i need to make a doc app.? when did ur son grow out of it?walking around kinda helps sometimes (when i get lucky)what is wind drops? i have gripe water it dont really do anything she will take it then scream her head off again.... could she have an upset tummy every night?

@biffymnstr i have tried the 5 s's too girl nothing works
  • They usually grow out of it around 3-4 months-- I know thats a long time! Im surprised she wont nurse bc its supposed to be comforting for them. If nothing is helping the docs will most likely diagnose her with colic--which is just 3 hrs of unconsolable crying every night for 3 weeks. I hope it gets better!
  • If you have genuine thoughts of wanting to harm bubs then its certainly worth a visit to the doctors. If its just a passing silly thought because of frustration its pretty normal, I think every mum at some point has felt like that. My son grew out of it around 3 months when he was better able to get wind up etc. Wind drops are like gripe water but specifically to make air bubbles in their tummy group together to a big bubble so its easier to get out. You should be able to find them the same place you got the gripe water. Some massage after a warm bath with the lights down low and some quiet music playing might help relax bubs a bit. Maybe try setting a bit of an evening routine, feed, bath, massage, read a book, swaddle and try to settle for bed.
    Some babies no matter what you do are just fussy... You can do it though hunny, it will get easier
  • @sophiasmom11 giel last night was the worst night everyone was sleeping she started crying at 3 and didnt stop tell have i sat there and cried while she was crying i couldnt handle it then this moring i cant touch her or she will scream!

@mom2be oh god that to long! she has been crying like this 2 weeks after i took her home..

@tinka1326 ive tried everything idk anymore im about to freaking break.... all she does is cry and cry and cry more idkkkkk eeee i need help!
  • Babies can sense ur feelings. Just try n relax! Then try to help baby.
  • @squrit299 my god son was that way, he would scream at the top of his lungs for hours. I think she let him cry and checked on him often. I would really try the chiropractor it wont hurt her. I would also call your dr just to make sure everything is ok. Is she pooping normal?
  • It's better to hand them over than to loose your cool. I had to do that a few times with my oldest. I'd give him to my mom & just go cry. Then when I was done I could be a calm mommy. Don't feel bad & as they say "this too shall pass."
  • Honey it happen to me twice when she was a week, and now i cant get away from her, it happens dont feel bad. Xoxo.
  • Hmmm... Im out f ideas then... you said your bf maybe she is hungry but getting too worked up to feed... Maybe try pumping and give her you milk from a bottle so you can see what she is getting... I dont know what else to try other than a doctors visit.
    Just remember that there is nothing wrong with putting her somewhere safe and walking away... I used to go make a coffee and I would turn the music up loud so I couldn't hear him...
  • Id feel so so bad
  • You shouldnt. You havent done anything wrong, all you can niw is your best. Just remember she loves you even if she drives you crazy