no poop? help!

edited November 2011 in Pregnant
My girl is 24 days old and hasn't pooped in 24 hours! Is she ok? She had more formula than boob yesterday. I feed her bottles sometimes

Comments

• Yea she's ok...babies can go a few days. It's completely normal!
  • yup it's normal. my doc said anything after 3 days is cause for concern and to call them. they recommended 1 tablespoon of karo syrup in 2oz of breastmilk or formula if the baby seems really uncomfortable from not pooping. it works in a few hours; i've only done it for my son once (he's 10 weeks) because he was so cranky from not pooping, and we had just started day 3. do some bicycle legs with her and massage her belly get the gas moving and maybe that'll help her poop as well.
  • Yup its normal :) 5 days is when you call the dr
  • my baby gets formula and breastmilk as well and sometimes his poop will change colors and consistency so don't be alarmed by that either. when he has more breastmilk is when his poop is more frequent bc it's easier for them to digest.
  • edited November 2011
    @darknesofnight4u @mama082711 @lily_glz @augustbaby thank u all so much, I read that online after I posted too, but it feels so much better to year it from my fellow preglies! Muah!
  • :) I'm a encylopedia lol of pregnancy things and baby or so I've been told good luck %%-