nursery water?

edited November 2011 in Pregnant
Is it necessary to use it? Is it bad if i dont?

Comments

• edited November 2011
    Nursery water? Is this the same as baby water?
  • No it's not necessary to use or bad if you don't just make sure you boil water or check to see how clean your water actually is we just used a Brita filter with my son and he got giardia from the water it sucked
  • The Wic office told me u can use regular distilled water or boil hydrant water and let it cool.
  • @beautifulone its water they sell for babies bottles @babyinblack682 ive been wanting to do that we have well water but also a filter. id boil it because if its not necessary and wont affect the baby than it will save us money
  • I would boil well water just for the simple fact my moms always had allot of sulfur if you chlorinated your well regularly you should be ok
  • You can also get a purifier like britta and use your water I use nursery water because our city water is gross I have used regular bottled water once
  • edited November 2011
    Oh ok. I was told to boil the water, but I was told this wayy after the fact and I have not done it yet. So I use the water from the fridge cause our faucet water is gross.
  • We just got sparkletts to deliver 5 gallon jugs to us. costs about $50 a month
  • Why not use it? I found the nursery water for $1 at Walmart, its not expensive at all and seems safer for baby.
  • I use bottle water or a jug of water. I won't drink the sink water here so no way will I have my daughter drink it.
  • My ped said not to use nursery water until 6 months, because she doesn't need the flouride.
  • Well i dnt see the need for it rly i will ask her doc but i feel boiled water will do the job
  • A nutritionist told me I have to boil bottled n faucet water even the nursery water until my baby is at least 3 months not sure why but I do anyway so might as well use any water u want since apparently its still suppose to be boiled
  • @hot2cold87 i nevet boiled nursery water but i figured its just as good
  • I wasn't boiling mine at first either until I met with a nutritionist n I started to but I really don't understand why n didn't ask b/c I was like ooh shit lol ftm
  • Gerbert has water with out flouride