I need tips!

Ok so I've been doing research but can't seem to understand all the terms and such. Some say to take temperatures, use ovulation tests, do it every other day, etc. and some say to do certain positions, and not do ovulation tests. I just need all the tips and suggestions I can get! What's worked for you? How do I count days passed ovulation? Sheesh it's like math. Lol :) idk the exact day I ovulate. I've never planned for a baby - it just happened. So what's worked for you? How long were you trying? For those that have just recently got a BFP, congratulations!!!! Thank you! <3

Comments

• When we were trying for our son, I used an app called "woman log" it took three months. We would just have sex the whole week it said I would ovulate! Also I would lay with a pillow under my butt for thirty min.after to keep my hips elevated! Hope you find something that works for you!
  • I used the app My Days to track my periods anyway and it gives you an estimate of your fertile days. When we got to that week, we just had sex every day to cover bases. Don't run to bathroom right away after, just relax and try to tilt your hips a little to encourage his guys toward your cervix. Just try one thing at a time...you will overwhelm yourself trying to track ovulation with temp, cervical mucas, cervical position, etc all at once. Just pay attention to your body and you will likely have a good feeling for when you are fertile. Best wishes! We got pregnant on the first try and are a month away from EDD so hopefully its as fast for you!
  • edited November 2011
    I used my days as my app to keep record of my period which also tells you when your ovulating and although we werent really trying u also put in there when u have sex and the two days in a row we had sex were the days my app said I was ovulating and I took a nap after with a pillow under me so just took two tries we just wanted to see of it would work because our thing was to just let it happen whenever. But that app was right on track :) and now I have 4.weeks until I get to meet our little princess... Hope that helps
  • @PregnantELF
    @ready2bmommy
    @jules

Thank you, ladies!!! So just relax and during the fertile week, just do it every day? Oh I hope it happens as quick for me as it did y'all. :) congratulations! I need to start putting a pillow under me - ESP if that worked for you guys. I use the app "Mona" and tracked my periods so it said this week is fertile and sat or sun should be my ovulating day. Took an ovulation test which turned light pink so I guess I'm almost there. :D after I have my dark pink line showing ovulation, have sex that day and the next sense I heard the egg survives 24 hours after ovulation? Once I ovulate, then starts the waiting game, right? Is that what "dpo" means? At that point, am I just waiting for my period to start? And If so, do I wait for a missed period or test a certain dpo? Lol
  • I tested 4d before my missed period, because I just had the feeling and it was hubby's birthday!!!
  • I didn't test until I missed but everyone is different you can do whatever makes you happy
  • i have no clue hon, Damien was a happy accident.
  • I always used the ovulation kit & I count 14 days starting with 1st day period. Normally the chart says we ovulate on the 14th day but I actually ovulate on the 15 & 16th day. And wat I did was have my hubby hold off on sex before ovulation so I get all the good sperm hes been building up lol not that watered down ones that cant swim lmao n thats wat my fertility doc told us to do n it worked... Good luck

Oh yeh dont pee after sex ;)
  • edited November 2011
    I used my days app it is really accurate if you enter in all your information then instead of laying on a pillow after sex lay completely off the bed like you are doing a backwards hand stand increase cinamon intake while ttc my son was an accident but when I knew he came in me I laid back like a handstand and got preggo I had been trying for years with my ex but it never happened
  • @MrsThompson34 haha I literally laughed out loud! So the first day I start my period would be the first day? Thank you for all the info n congrats!

@preggointx aww thanks!!! Glad you were successful :) I'll check that app out too
  • Yes the first day is when u see blood :) girl I was laughing at my comment too lol
  • I used my days app and had sex during the most fertile days and got pregnant in two months. good luck