did my husband cause this ?

He made our daughters bottle cause I was in the shower - she ate most of the bottle & a couple min later she threw up ALOT . We cleaned her up and put her in her crib & I rolled up a receiving blanket and put it behind her to help her stay a little on her side so if she did throw up again she wouldn't choke , well she did throw up again a good amount also . I asked my husband how much formula he put in the bottle , he said 3 Oz I then asked him how much powder he said 2 scoops but it says 1 scoop per 2 Oz so he added an extra half scoop to her bottle . Is that the reason she has been getting sick ?
Also for some reason she gags on the bottle nipple when ever I put it in her mouth . Why does this happen ?

Comments

• I don't think so. She could just have reflux. Try sitting her up after the feeding. My bf has done that ALOT and I thought it was him too. Lol.
    And for the nipple thing I have no idea sorry bump.
  • She may need a different nipple. Juliana was doing that at first because the nipple was to big for her. As for the spit up, I don't think a 1/2 scoop would do that, she might have reflux or maybe she just ate to fast. Did she give a good burp? She might have just had a lot of air underneath her formula. See how she is in the morning or after her next feeding.
  • edited November 2011
    I had a somewhat similar problem with my daughter. She had all of a sudden started vomiting a lot after bottle feedings. If you're not doing this already, stop her feeding about every ounce to burp her. I know my daughter was eating too much too fast, so I stop her several times during a formula feeding to burp her (I also breastfeed her but don't need to interrupt her during that). That seemed to do the trick. I haven't had anymore problems. Worth a shot to try that!
  • My daughter does that once in a while but I bf so I take it its acid reflux
  • Pyloric stenosis is somewhat rare, but if she's projectile vomiting, I'd get her checked out right away. Regular vomiting shouldn't be pyloric stenosis though.
  • No.. a little extra could just constipate them if done repeatedly . But that little wouldn't do it...may have reflux..my son does
  • @2ndbutfirst, interesting. I thought that was a sign of pyloric stenosis. You must have caught it before symptoms arose. I guess you had reason to get him checked since you both were unfortunate enough to have it.
  • Thanks everyone I guess it was my hubby burping her , he is scared to pat her to hard . So he never gets good burps so he always hands her to me lol but because I was in the shower he was doing it all himself ! She hadn't done it anymore .