exema? my poor baby girl :( (pic) UPDATE important question at bottom

edited November 2011 in Babies Health
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i152/emfbc/IMG447.jpg

Is that exema? It comes and goes through the day. This is it at its worst today

Comments

• I have no idea. Hopefully someone can answer this.
    Call her pediatrician?
    Bump
  • My daughter has exema and it usually doesn't change during the day only with lotion after a few days.

Could it be a heat rash?
  • It looks like a rash. My son has excema and its just dry patches..they don't come and go.
  • my daughter has exzema horribly an it doesn't come an go thru the day it will be dry an scaley.
  • My sons ezcema doesnt look blotchy like that. Although the redness does seem to flare up if he cries.
  • We saw the Dr on Monday and he said exema but i read about it and im pretty sure its not it! could be heat rash @navybabyonway @sands3
    that pic was taken about an hour ago and now its almost completely gone just a few small spots
  • Yeah I'm thinking its some sort of rash you could try some extra nonscented lotion like baby aveeno or something like that and see if it changes in a few days, if not I'd baby back to the doctor.
  • Its so weird. its completely gone now that she's sleeping. but comes back when she wakes
  • Maybe psoriasis
  • Went in to the Dr this morning. she says heat rash! funny it doesn't seem that warm to me but i guess it is
  • I always think its not to warm, but the carseats have so much padding and stuff.

Glad they figured it out!
  • Malia had baby acne that did the, came and went. Now she has excema.
  • Is it bad if i don't take her for a blood test? the Dr is sure it is heat rash but ordered a blood test just in case. thing is i don't want to take her for it because it is so painful what they do to her (prick foot and squeeze) and I'm sure its heat rash too so i don't want her to go through the pain for nothing.
  • I would take her just to be on the safe side. It only takes a few minutes then the pain is gone. I know its hard I had to take Juliana to have her blood drawn when she was a few days old. Its better to be safe then sorry.
  • I would take her also in case its something else im not a baby but its not that bad if u ever got pricked to test ur blood the prick hurt for a second but the squeezing don't n its fast!
  • Last time i took her she screamed the whole time it took over 5 mins for the nurse to do it she was in so much pain it was hard to calm her after. but i guess i will go... :(
  • When my son had to get his blood test the tech (female) let me breastfeed while she did it... I got the evil eye but he kept on feeding. Maybe you can try that. With my daughter I gave her a bottle after and she was good.
  • @lilbit_209
    What a great idea!...Breastfeeding. I think I'm going to ask if they will allow me to do that for 8 week old shots. It broke my heart when they had to draw my LO's blood. It took a second for it to hit him when they stuck him... but when it did, he let out this tiny little whimper, bottom lip came out, and then he started crying :( My heart broke...I about started crying along with him! Good thing Daddy was strong for both of us babies, lol.
  • ended up not being so bad!! the lady decided to poke her in the arm and draw blood thru her vein. so just a small cry when poked and another when it came out. SO much better than squeezing her foot!
    @Hot2Cold87 @navybabyonway
  • Awww that's awesome so glad it went good! When will u know the results?
  • Probably not until Monday but i think i may have found the problem check out my thread about laundry soap! @hot2cold87