ok so is it true?

edited November 2011 in First time moms
Ok so is it true that breastfeeding can affect my period? And that I am unlikely to get my period whilst breasfeeding or even get pregnant? Any of u experience this as I have not had my period since October and my son is 3 months now. I exclusively breast feed and use condoms....help me out here!

Comments

• If you exclusively breastfeed you wont get your period til you stop breastfeefing. But don't take my word for it.. that's what i have heard.
  • I exclusively breast feed and have gotten a regular period every month. Some women don't though and that's natural
  • Hmm I see, @janet2011 I just find it really strange and worrying. @sophiasmum11 why r u prego now?
  • U see, I don't want to go to my doc and waste his time but I need to know for sure. Thanks though @babyinblack682
  • Bump bump bump
  • Very true and normal that many bf moms don't get their period. However, that is NOT a reliable form of birth control. Keep using condoms!
  • My doc. Told me at my check up that I shouldnt get my period while I was breast feeding. He also said it could take upto 12weeks after you stop, but to call if I didnt get it after 12weeks. I breast fed for two months and stopped a week ago and still have not gotten mine. Also he said that you may spot, but it doesn't necessarily mean you ovulated.
  • I was breastfeeding exclusively and got my period 5 weeks pp. Had a c section,and quit bleeding after two weeks.
  • I'm exclusively BF. I'm 5 weeks pp and I'm pretty sure Im having my period now.
  • Some ladies do get their period, others don't, but you can still get pregnant!
  • I'm breastfeeding. My son is 7wks and I haven't gotten mine! :)
  • Me too^ 7wks pp, no af. BF only
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Oh thanks so much ladies. U have reassured me. I knew I could rely on my preglies lool
  • If you do breastfeed exclusively and do not get a period, it usually only lasts up to the first 6 months. At that time, baby will be starting some solids and decreasing the demand on breastmilk which could cause your period to return. Either way, If you don't want to get pregnant, I would still recommend birthcontrol of some sort.
  • @jellybelly1015 I love ur child's Santa outfit but y so early?
  • Lucky I exclusively breastfeed and I've gotten my period every month im 2not months pp
  • Im lucky, only bfing & no period almost 3 mo pp
  • @yummymummy1 we put our tree up the first week of Nov (only white lights and star) for a warmer feel for Thanksgiving and then decorate it the day after Thanksgiving (family tradition), since it is up, I got her dressed and took advantage of mypublisher's free card promo and did our pictures for it early. That we considered an outtake as she was giving us the bird lol :) Also, since we are short on time, when we get an opportunity to do something, we jump on it!! The pants were so big on her, we had to roll the waist :)
  • ©yummymummy1 thanks for asking this ive been wondering myself as I have been stricly bf and my son is now 4 months old and im not on bc and still havent gotten my period ooo has it been nice :p