Those of you that had to do a csection.

edited November 2011 in Pregnant
I had two csections so I am going to have to have another. It will be almost nine years since the last one. How soon did you get yours done before your due date or on of after due date

Comments

• I got mine 5days after my due date(9/16/11) it was really quick..didn't even take 15minutes. If I have another baby I want it through c-section. I had a great/quick recovery :D
  • 3 days past due date!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The dr I know all schedule a week before due date
  • My dr is willing to do c sections 2 weeks before the due date. We had mine scheduled for 3 days before my dd, but I went into labor exactly 2 weeks before. They tried to stop the labor and send me home but it didn't work so they went ahead with the c section.
  • Mine was scheduled a week before my due date.
  • i had my c section 3 days before my due date
  • @2BeForgotten Im to afraid to risk it. The last time I was pregnant when I had a mc they seem my c section scar. I think its a risk after 2 c sections it can tear doing vbac. I have big babies. My first was 8 lbs 6 oz and second was 9 lbs 10 oz they say its ok to try for vbac after one c section. They also told me I have a very small birth canal.
  • Mine was six days before my dd
  • 6 days before my dd it could have been 7 but I couldn't take anymore
  • 11 d after!!!!!
  • 6 days before
  • 2.5 weeks, I was preeclamptic, we had scheduled for 5 days before originally I think.
  • edited November 2011
    Baby #2 was scheduled 5 days before my dd. I'm pretty sure the new national standard is to not perform a c-section (or induction) before 39 weeks unless medically indicated.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm not pregnant now but I just had my second csection n October which wasn't planned I was 7cm anyway I wanna get pregnant again n 4yrs n I really wanna experience vaginal birth I dnt wanna get cut again
    and after ur 3rd csection can u have anymore kids
    I only want 3 but I dnt want any csection when I have baby #3
  • Yep I could have more kids. I just think its a risk too not have a csection for my third one. After that Im done with having children.
  • edited November 2011
    I got mine 5 days before my due date. had her out within 15 or so minutes. healed fine. will be having my second one in may. i had a 9.7 lb baby and narrow birth canal so thats why i needed it. i heard of women having up to 5 c sections. it depends on how much scar tissue u have. my dr did great. can barely see my scar and he'll be doing my second one :)
  • I had mine three days before my due date. It was not planned... Was in Labor for 22 hours and baby wasn't dropping and I was stuck at an 8. They couldn't keep my fever down I couldn't stop throwing up and babies heart rate kept racing. Didn't have a good experience with my c section and still having a hard recovery. But honestly next time IM going to do lots of research on the Dr and just have a planned c section so I don't go through so much trauma. Cuz this has been a horrible experience. I had a 9 pound 8 ounce baby so def going make sure I have my next one at 39 weeks! I can't handle that big of baby again!
  • @smcox is this baby your first. I know hoe that is having big babies I have had two. Me and my brother were big. My husbands mom has big kids.
  • @kayleigh27 I believe c sections are easier you get a fast delivery Just a painful recovery. The last day I was at the hospital the dr never came in during the night to give me pain meds I woke up in so much pain I wanted to yell at her because I had to pee so bad.
  • Yes first baby. My hubby was a big baby too, Dr kept insisting that the baby takes after mom not dad.... Boy was she wrong!